Where to rent in Dumaguete

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Reboot said:

Zamboanguita might be 35 minutes from Duma...on a sportbike so you can safely pass all those you will need to.

Reboot
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, robert k said:

Zamboanguita might be 35 minutes from Duma...on a sportbike so you can safely pass all those you will need to.

I'm liking the thought of that too....

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

you can safely pass

I'm not going to comment on the house in Zambangita because 40K a month is way out of my price range, but the 35 minute ride (only at non peak hours I'm sure) being done 'safely' made me laugh.  Not many roads around Duma that the word 'safely' applies to.  Thats why you see guys on their motorcycles 'crossing themselves' or utilizing their rosary beads as they drive.  I often say a little 'thank you' myself every time I make it home safely :Policeman:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I'm not going to comment on the house in Zambangita because 40K a month is way out of my price range, but the 35 minute ride (only at non peak hours I'm sure) being done 'safely' made me laugh.  Not many roads around Duma that the word 'safely' applies to.  Thats why you see guys on their motorcycles 'crossing themselves' or utilizing their rosary beads as they drive.  I often say a little 'thank you' myself every time I make it home safely :Policeman:

Dave, some motorcycle riders subscribe to the theory that if you are passing everything, then you only have to worry about what is in front of you. Of course when they do have a wreck it is usually a bad one. They won't last long if they don't quickly figure out that might makes right on the roads of the Philippines. The bus or cane truck doesn't care. The jeepney will pull onto the road regardless of whether they see you or not. There are no multi-million dollar lawsuits for traffic fatalities in the Philippines, at least none I have ever heard of.

Of course it lessens potential renters if you tell them it's in an hour or more to the nearest mall, big store, port, airport even when it's not raining.

Edited by robert k
  • Like 1