Could You Live On Just $32,000 Per Year?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Maxheadspace said:

I like to buy things cheap.  My wife has to buy things with a name.

Wow, we should swap (teasing) we scrimped and saved for 20 years to retire in comfort, my wife is still pinching pennies until Mr. Lincoln screams

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, scott h said:

we scrimped and saved for 20 years to retire in comfort, my wife is still pinching pennies until Mr. Lincoln screams

:smile: You know what they say " You can take the lady out of the PI but we will never take the PI out of the Lady"

• Like 1

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, scott h said:

Wow, we should swap (teasing) we scrimped and saved for 20 years to retire in comfort, my wife is still pinching pennies until Mr. Lincoln screams

A swap, eh?  Hmmm.  Nah, my wife has me broken in right where she wants me, so I guess I'll keep her.  :SugarwareZ-005:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Maxheadspace said:

. . . . my wife has me broke. . . 

I had one like that :hystery:

• Like 5

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 1:57 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

There are different places, but nicer is subjective.  Example:  I just chatted with an American friend who left Philippines to go back to the US because his $1,000 a month did not do it for him here.  He has been back in the US living in Texarcana, in a Mobile home that was dirt cheap and is paid for, paying $150 a month for a place to park it.  He explained how its cheaper to live there than in Philippines.

On that same budget of $1,000 a month he can live in that area of US or many places in Philippines.  Ask people which they would prefer and you will get many different opinions, but I like the Philippines

I believe Credence Clearwater Revival sang about it...."It was down in Louisiana, just about a mile out of Texarcan, in them old cotton fields back home"....    No Thanks!  ....And I say that having grown up in a nice lil hill town in  North Carolina.   Still, If it works for him?...well more power to him, but I'll take the PI for sure.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

I believe Credence Clearwater Revival sang about it...."It was down in Louisiana, just about a mile out of Texarcan, in them old cotton fields back home"....    No Thanks!  ....And I say that having grown up in a nice lil hill town in  North Carolina.   Still, If it works for him?...well more power to him, but I'll take the PI for sure.

I agree, if it works for him. I can even see the appeal if he is an outdoorsman passionate about fishing and hunting or just someone who highly values the safety net.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Nickleback99 said:

Still, If it works for him?...well more power to him, but I'll take the PI for sure

Sorry to say that the fellow I was writing about died of cancer, in a Texarcana hospital, about 6 months after I made that post.  Sometimes, when your number is up it don't matter where you are.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
bun
Posted
Posted

if you gonna live 32K a year in the philippines u will live like a king!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, bun said:

if you gonna live 32K a year in the philippines u will live like a king!

You would live well but it depends on your lifestyle.  Paying for a nice condo in the city and payments on a nice SUV could eat up most of that money and I would think that most kings can afford a condo and an SUV.

bun
Posted
Posted
Just now, Dave Hounddriver said:

You would live well but it depends on your lifestyle.  Paying for a nice condo in the city and payments on a nice SUV could eat up most of that money and I would think that most kings can afford a condo and an SUV.

yea I know it depends on your lifestyle. I was born and raised in the Philippines so my lifestyle when I was there is just simple.

• Like 2