Could You Live On Just $32,000 Per Year?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, stevewool said:

my wife says we can live well on that amount.

So do many of our wives, until they actually try it.  When was the last time she lived in Philippines?  My good friend just paid out 100K pesos to the hospital to keep his wife's father alive.  Most of us don't count on that.  He didn't.  But what are you going to do?  Let him die and say it ain't in the budget?

• Like 3

bows00
Posted
Posted

I am still young enough to party in the bars, so I am shooting for $5000 per month.  But I give myself 2 years before my liver gives out. 

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Just one of the reason's I've not taken the plunge and moved permanently to Philippines,while we still have a National Health Service in UK.

That's one good reason for me too. One of many.  I take my health seriously. I love the people here ( most of them) but on the other hand I love my friends and relatives in the states more. Many more reasons too, I might add.

• Like 3

Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted

$32,000?  Hmmm.  According to the last US census (2014), the median household income in the US was $73,000, but that was entire household income.  The US IRS tax info shows the median "Head of Household" income to be $35,000.  That's not retirement, that's still working!  So I'm thankful that life is MUCH cheaper in the Philippines.  :smile:

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, i am bob said:

Unless you need the big big house with a big big yard in the middle of an expensive subdivision...  Eat imported food for every meal...  Live as if you were in your home country...  Hmm...

Good point

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Maxheadspace said:

I'm thankful that life is MUCH cheaper in the Philippines.  :smile:

You get what you pay for.

Good is not cheap and cheap is not always good.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So do many of our wives, until they actually try it.  When was the last time she lived in Philippines?  My good friend just paid out 100K pesos to the hospital to keep his wife's father alive.  Most of us don't count on that.  He didn't.  But what are you going to do?  Let him die and say it ain't in the budget?

Emergencies , holidays, maintenance on the house and any other things that may pop up will be from the other pot i keep on mentioning , the savings pot.

In this pot will be enough for the big house, the new car , the flights back to England each year but hang about i dont need those , plus what about the credit card for the just incase too.

We are all different in what we are wanting and what we need, but some can be living good on little and some need everything what they have already from the west.

Me , well who knows until i get there, thats why i am saving very hard to try to make sure we will be fine.

• Like 3