Magic Jack For Dummies

intrepid
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

As it happens I have a BoA account also, just signed in, on the main page it says Welcome (your name), then your email address, then update profile. Click update profile, scroll down and add/verify your phone number. I just did it (again) and received the texted code in about 10 seconds in my gmail. Ops check good.

I just retried to add my MJ number to BoA and did not receive the text!:SugarwareZ-034: So onto google, Thanks

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much Intrepid and Alwaysright!

My main concern is my brokerage account, Fidelity.  They are just implementing this and I am not quite sure when they will trigger the code process.  They say definitely for transfers and that type of transaction, but hint that it could happen anytime including login.  I suspect that might be if you login from an unrecognized device.  That is what my Chase Bank does.

Chase offers the code via text or e-mail, so I always get it by e-mail.  Fidelity only offers text or automated call to a landline.

Maybe I can do a test on Chase.

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

Fidelity only offers text or automated call to a landline.

Your Google number should work the same on both of these. Tell Google to send your text and voicemails to your email, either way you should get the code.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Don't you love it when good info is shared and perhaps problems solved. Time for a :grouphugg: :cheersty:

• Like 5