Weird happening on my Modem

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Good to have you back, just checked my modem, didn't realise there was hole there, do you turn your modem off at night, I did read some where to leave it on then you don't loose your line in the queue :89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
46 minutes ago, frosty (chris) said:

Good to have you back, just checked my modem, didn't realise there was hole there, do you turn your modem off at night, I did read some where to leave it on then you don't loose your line in the queue :89:

Thank's for the Morale remark Chris. Yes, that little hole is the rest opening, I use an opened Paper clip, press in the Hole for 10 secs or until you hear a click then your Modem/Router will reset itself ( about 5/10 Mins) and away you go. They say not to turn your Equipment off ( unless it is a prolonged shut down, Modems /Routers work better warm and as with a lot of Electronics Hot, Cold, Hot, Cold, can do strange things. Not only that if it is off you are not getting stuff into the PC via the Ethernet cables. ( well that's what nearly all My techy friends tell me and PLDT are of the same opinion as per my man today) :smile:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Note to self:

In Philippines we need to look for tiny little unused holes and poke them.

Done and dusted!

Got to keep dusting them holes or they seize up yes good advice on here as usual.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, sonjack2847 said:

Got to keep dusting them holes or they seize up yes good advice on here as usual.

confused baby.jpg:SugarwareZ-004:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I ain't gonna touch this with a 10 foot paper clip.  You guys are killing me!

Good boy ako -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

I use an opened Paper clip, press in the Hole for 10 secs or until you hear a click then your Modem/Router will reset itself ( about 5/10 Mins) and away you go. 

Just be advised the reset button is to return the modem back to factory default therefore you may lose the settings and have to set it up again. Now back to little dry holes in the Philippines. :1927_:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just be advised the reset button is to return the modem back to factory default therefore you may lose the settings and have to set it up again. Now back to little dry holes in the Philippines. :1927_:

Now there's a cheeky chappie.....:smile:

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

It's hard to find the hole when there's no hair.

• Like 1