Kickass Torrents offline

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 7/29/2016 at 6:09 PM, roddavis said:

One of the best free sites is....http://extratorrent.cc/   Never had an issue with them and I use them daily.....Rod

I have been using that site since the referrals here.  It is now my favorite flavor of the week :thumbsup:

davewe
Posted
Posted

Don't know how it is in the Philippines but I have already been busted twice in the last couple months by my US service provider. The danger seems less in what I download and more in what I allow access to for uploading. Of course my service provider only shuts me down for a few minutes until I fill out a form. But clearly this is getting more and more attention.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have been using that site since the referrals here.  It is now my favorite flavor of the week :thumbsup:

Dave,being electronically challenged (as you know) I checked out the site, is it a download site only? I use the streaming sites you referred with great success.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scott h said:

is it a download site only?

Yes.  Torrents are mostly downloaded, and you need a special app such as UTorrent to do that.  If you have extremely good internet and are wise in the ways of the force er the Internet then you can stream some torrents, but in Philippines they are usually too slow downloading to stream them.

EDIT:  It is very easy to pick up malware or viruses from torrent sites so do not do torrents if you are not confident in your abilities to deal with that.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, davewe said:

Don't know how it is in the Philippines but I have already been busted twice in the last couple months by my US service provider. The danger seems less in what I download and more in what I allow access to for uploading. Of course my service provider only shuts me down for a few minutes until I fill out a form. But clearly this is getting more and more attention.

Subscribe to a good VPN that has servers in the Netherlands which has very strong privacy protections. That way your local ISP has no idea what you are doing.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I use Private Internet Access for my VPN.  They were recommended on some torrent forums. I like them because they say they keep no records - and you provide zero information when you open an account. You can even pay with a store gift card like Target or Walmart.  Russia just started making them track the traffic, so PIA closed their Russian servers. Too bad because going through Russia was one of my fastest connections.  :tiphat: 

• 1 year later...
AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I know this is an old thread but same basic subject. Anyone else having problems with Pirate Bay? I am used to occasional issues but not even able to search the last 3-4 days or so. Wondering if it is me or 'them'?

Any other sites you can recommend? My backups have been shut down.

roddavis
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

I know this is an old thread but same basic subject. Anyone else having problems with Pirate Bay? I am used to occasional issues but not even able to search the last 3-4 days or so. Wondering if it is me or 'them'?

Piratebay is still down, just checked. Try EZTV for tv programs and RARBG for tv,movies and all others. Limetorrents on occasion works great!

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I have had no problems with pirate bay in a long time. Just got something this morning. They have tons of pop-ups and my adblock won't block them, but the downloading works fine.  thepiratebay(dot)cr

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Generally it's only the main pirate bay web site that people have trouble accessing, there are proxies available which offer access to the pirate bay web site via the proxy (I would suggest using a non tracking VPN like Express VPN or PiA).

The web site will move the fastest proxies up the list and slower ones down the list automatically depending upon your individual internet connection.  just click on a link near the top of your list and it will take you to the Pirate Bay web site via the proxy server which avoids DDOS issues and some ISP blocking issues that the main web site suffers from.

https://thepiratebay-proxylist.org/

Edited by GeoffH
  • Thanks 1