Has anyone been to Hagar's in Davao?

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

It's a very nice watering hole for expats. Good cold beers and Hungarian sausage. Many expats from all over like to meet there for some good conversation and free from the locals. It's on the waterfront if you are ever in Davao. I don't drink but occasionally I go there just for some good conversation with expats. 

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

It's a very nice watering hole for expats. Good cold beers and Hungarian sausage. Many expats from all over like to meet there for some good conversation and free from the locals. It's on the waterfront if you are ever in Davao. I don't drink but occasionally I go there just for some good conversation with expats. 

Thanks for this, we will be visiting again soon.

Would you be little clearer as to location as we are not so familiar in Davao. Stay not so far from people's park, found some nice bars in this area.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 22 July 2016 at 9:49 AM, RBM said:

Thanks for this, we will be visiting again soon.

Would you be little clearer as to location as we are not so familiar in Davao. Stay not so far from people's park, found some nice bars in this area.

For me, I just get in a taxi and tell them to take me to Hagar's in Lanang on the waterfront. Coming from People's Park, I think taxi will go all the way down Laurel Street to the end where it meets the cross street and the waterfront.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 7/22/2016 at 11:49 AM, RBM said:

Would you be little clearer as to location as we are not so familiar in Davao.

Map on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hagars-Place/211612745524010

i am bob
Posted
Posted

ouch!  this is still unexplored area for me so i wasn't aware of hagar's place...  looks good but...  the problem?  a possible future gf (seeing her next week again and i've known her for over a year now...) lives very very close to there...  oh, what the heck... it's a 3 tricycle or 1 motor ride from home...  lol!

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Not sure why you would avoid visiting an Expat bar Bob. If the potential GF is that insecure or controlling perhaps you should rethink getting involved.

• Like 4

insite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Use the Phoenix Filling Station as a landmark - Hagar`s is directly behind it at the back - many other restaurants and bars in the small complex - the Korean looks worth a try :SugarwareZ-047:

Edited by insite
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
On 7/28/2016 at 9:53 PM, Old55 said:

Not sure why you would avoid visiting an Expat bar Bob. If the potential GF is that insecure or controlling perhaps you should rethink getting involved.

I guess I should have explained better...  First..?  The young lady is young...  Really young...  18 last Christmas...  Which is why I didn't ask her out for so long...  That is, until her cousin (my katabang) let slip that she's very very interested in me...  But being that young..?  More likely just a fling...  Which means I could find a place I like and then have to steer clear if the end if the fling isn't good...  Lol!  As it was on Sunday?  She got to spend the day with her cousin as I was extremely sick in bed with the worst head cold I have ever had..!

:571c66d400c8c_1(103)::mocking:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
On 5 August 2016 at 8:04 PM, i am bob said:

I was extremely sick in bed with the worst head cold I have ever had..!

They, (the severe head colds) as you call them are also called "hangovers" in the states. I don't get them anymore. :smile:

• Like 3