Expensive one way tickets December

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Somehow I think the airlines seen me coming. One way tickets vary from $1023 to $1217 from Brisbane Australia to Cebu. I did find a couple flights with 2 layovers for $755 but still they like to make their money.

:angry:

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Not only you JGF. :89:. I Remember when I finally moved here, wanted to come for Xmas and the fare one way from Perth with Tiger was over a thousand dollars, I checked their site and found if I went on the 10th Jan the o.w fare came down to just under three hundred, same route, same flight time, same airline, go figure:bonk:

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Somehow I think the airlines seen me coming. One way tickets vary from $1023 to $1217 from Brisbane Australia to Cebu. I did find a couple flights with 2 layovers for $755 but still they like to make their money.

:angry:

I noted same on Tiger.

Philippine Airlines, MAN-CAIRNS, there no seats available on the dates I checked in December.  What has shown up is a possible off peak fare of $382, but it reverts to $582 if booked only one way. December though. Deluxe Economy $1200++ in USD.

I'm looking at March-April, with better results on Tiger. 31 hour flight though, 20 hours in Singapore. I would still buy the connection to Cairns.

JGF. It's quite late to be booking in December. Can't you go in November for normal pricing?

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Shock horror. Airlines use supply/demand equation to increase revenues............

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, chris49 said:

JGF. It's quite late to be booking in December. Can't you go in November for normal pricing?

Maybe but just not sure if that will work for me. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

One way tickets vary from $1023 to $1217 from Brisbane Australia to Cebu.

Skyscanner shows one way flights from Brisbane to Manila in early December for under 20,000 pesos with Singapore Airlines.  Doesn't sound too bad to me as its only a couple thousand pesos to get from Mania to Cebu.  Close to Christmas the price doubles.  I'm looking at the site now and it shows Dec 4 has a 19,000+ peso flight.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Skyscanner shows one way flights from Brisbane to Manila in early December for under 20,000 pesos with Singapore Airlines.  Doesn't sound too bad to me as its only a couple thousand pesos to get from Mania to Cebu.  Close to Christmas the price doubles.  I'm looking at the site now and it shows Dec 4 has a 19,000+ peso flight.

Not sure where skyscanner gets its info as the Singapore airlines site says on December the 4th to Manila, cheapest is $729 au. Anyway for what it's worth I am better off paying a few hundred extra direct to Cebu with a stop at Singapore. I hate long layovers and stuffing around when flying and Chris suggestion of November got me thinking and for $655 au departing 28th November might be the one if my damn hands would stop shaking long enough to press confirm.

:Caught:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DavidK said:

Shock horror. Airlines use supply/demand equation to increase revenues............

Yeah but I demand they supply at my price instead of theirs. :smile:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

tom, did you bury the forum jet in the garage again?  :whistling::mocking:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure where skyscanner gets its info as the Singapore airlines site says on December the 4th to Manila, cheapest is $729 au.

Just point and click the link they provide and voila!

For example, since you mentioned you may go Brisbane - Cebu in late November I went to SkyScanner and did a couple clicks until I had to actually pay for the flight and here's what I got

577 SG.jpg

By my calculations that is $568 au so I just saved you some bucks? Nah,  I rereading your post I see you already found a flight for about that price but if you don't like the Nov date then plug in a different date and see what you get.  Lots of airlines and lots of online travel agents link to SkyScanner

Edited by Dave Hounddriver