Expensive one way tickets December

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Might be a silly question JGF,

Why one way? you not planning to go back to Aus?

Last time I attempted a one way ticket, I was told, without a on going flight ticket, entry can/will be refused?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Just point and click the link they provide and voila!

For example, since you mentioned you may go Brisbane - Cebu in late November I went to SkyScanner and did a couple clicks until I had to actually pay for the flight and here's what I got

577 SG.jpg

By my calculations that is $568 au so I just saved you some bucks? Nah,  I rereading your post I see you already found a flight for about that price but if you don't like the Nov date then plug in a different date and see what you get.  Lots of airlines and lots of online travel agents link to SkyScanner

Ah I see, your flight is from the Gold coast and not Brisbane plus it will have two stops and also cost me the bus fare to the coast but anyway thanks and I have looked into airasia flights and probably all airlines combinations. The flight I am thinking of is just 2 weeks the difference than original plans which wont really matter when thinking about it. :thumbsup:

Just to add my preference is always Singapore airlines and the flight I like is just a 3.5 hour layover in Singapore and land in Cebu about 1300 so good time for the welcoming party of 4000 forum members, no! :smile:

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Kuya John said:

Last time I attempted a one way ticket, I was told, without a on going flight ticket, entry can/will be refused?

Yes I'm well aware of that and it is law to have an onward ticket. The airlines will refuse boarding or if they did allow you to fly they risk fines and cost of flying one out again. :thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Somehow I think the airlines seen me coming. One way tickets vary from $1023 to $1217 from Brisbane Australia to Cebu. I did find a couple flights with 2 layovers for $755 but still they like to make their money.

Check for cookies. I was looking for economy class seats. Out of curiosity, my search included prices for premium economy and business class. The next day, the prices for economy were several hundred dollars higher. It didn't make sense until a relative, whose an IT expert, told me to remove all cookies. 

Another strategy he taught me is to search multiple sites including airline websites. Let them know the destination and dates. This activity is done once a week or every other week. You will receive advertisements through various other websites. Wait until the right price pops up.

By the way, Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) high season is December 7th to January 15th. Prices are higher during this travel period.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Flight prices go up on the 10th of December and they come back down after the 10th of January.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

I saw PAL has a $603 price (must leave on a Thursday)-2 hr lay over in Manila-leave Brisbane 11AM -arr Cebu 11PM (10 hr total travel time). I don't know how this compares with the rest for price and convenience.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Did you try Jetstar to Singapore and the Cebu Airlines to Cebu, sometimes you can get a short lay over.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

All this talk about ticket prices! Has anyone even bothered to tell his wife? :Caught: Either one.... the Brisbane one or the Cebu one? :thumbsup:

I mean it is just common courtesy... :hystery:

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Just shows what looks like Ok until you click on the select button :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

singapore plus.jpg

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Grind.jpg

• Like 3