Manila is More Fun?

robert k
Posted
Posted
56 minutes ago, scott h said:

I am not poor, so wouldn't know.:hystery:. If I was poor I would still be back home working so I wasn't poor:thumbsup:

Sorry I misread the topic, I thought it was "Manila More Fun?" I didn't know it was Manila more fun for a privileged few? So you are saying Manila is only more fun for a few. Thanks for the clarification.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have 2 nieces working in Manila, Pointless they say because the added costs of everything just gives them the same to Spend when payday comes and bills are paid. "Manila" ? a place to be avoided for many people here in Dumaguete, Fun Costs were their words.

Only (It seems) available to the better off.

I am now wondering if the Title should have been "Manila was more Fun" it was way back But.................:89:

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 6:54 AM, skyskyper said:

So Morato is still thriving? I miss those weekends during my College (Uni) days.

Yes T. Morato and Timog nighttime. And anytime for some great food.

I came here in 2005. I was immediately pointed to Timog. But subsequently other areas have emerged and become equally popular. Metrowalk, Makati as I am told, all night long, with high stakes poker there on the pavement at 5 AM. Eastwood, always my personal choice, because you can stroll around and it is 100% safe.

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, chris49 said:

But subsequently other areas have emerged and become equally popular.

One such place is UP Village.  I haven't been yet, because there's never enough time.  I have heard that there are now a lot of reasonably priced quaint restaurants with diverse specialties.  It's on the bucket list.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, MacBubba said:

One such place is UP Village. 

Glad you brought this up Bubba, one of the best hidden secrets of Metro Manila is the sub divisions. Naturally that is where all the money is, so where a lot of nice places are. Our favorite Italian restaurant is in a Sub D called BF Homes in Paranaque. Mama Lou's, run by a French-Canadian expat.

For us expats its pretty easy to gain access to these places. They are guarded naturally so all a person has to do is surrender a photo ID at the guard shack and in you go. Unless a guy looks like Charlie Manson there shouldn't be a problem.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Sander Martin
Posted
Posted

I stopped reading the article after they said that a small bottle of coke is 10euros (11usd) in Rome. Clearly this person has never left Manila. Its been about 4 years from my last visit to Rome, but a bottle of coke costed about two euros in a small convenience store in the center of the city back then. Go to a mall and its not much more expensive than Phils.

• Like 3