Cabuyao Laguna

roberto
Posted
Posted

Hi - first time poster. I will be moving to the Philippines in December and will be taking a job in the Cabuyao area.

I am looking for safe areas to live for just me and my wife (no kids). I would like to have a fairly easy commute to and from work. We are Americans so we would prefer to live in a town where there are a few Americans - since we do not know anyone there.

Can you recommend a city, neighborhood or even subdivision to look at?

thanks

Benington
Posted
Posted

I know very little about the area but have traveled near and through it a few times. From those experiences I would advise you to first find out the exact location of your place of work there - it is an area of many factories and industrial estates - and then search for subdivisions within a few km. This is because an increasing amount of traffic on inadequate roads is a major problem in that part of Laguna.

Especially, do not be tempted to live anywhere away from the Cabuyao area so that you would have to commute daily using the SLEX. I have observed the exits to Cabuyao a number of times in the morning full of stationary vehicles.

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 8/3/2016 at 2:26 PM, Benington said:

I would advise you to first find out the exact location of your place of work there

Welcome Roberto
We live in Sta Rosa Laguna next door to Cabuyao.  My BIL lives there along the National Highway.  It is a very crowded area with a lot of stopped traffic morning and evening.  Expect wait times an hour or more to go less than a few KM.  As Benington said, let us know where you will be working and maybe we can give a better recommendation.  I feel Sta Rosa has more to offer for the westerners.  So hopefully you will be working in the North part of Cabuyao.  There are some nicer subdivisions in that area but expect rents in the $600.+ for a modest home.
Good luck

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed quote

roberto
Posted
Posted

Well, here is the street address of my employer:

Circuit St., LISP, Bo. Diezmo, Cabuyao, Laguna, Philippines

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, roberto said:

Sorry but I am at a loss here, I have been a Foreigner around the World for some 20+ years and each time I have accepted a Commission/Position/ Contract  I have  had a Company that puts you up for at least 6 months to get sorted, Now, is there a reason that you are looking before you arrive. Are you sure of the Ground you are going to be walking on?

• Like 4

intrepid
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, roberto said:

Okay, don't know what all you plan to bring or ship.  But we shipped the things we wanted and arrived about 50 days after us.  The best I can tell from the address you supplied that address is in the Northwest part of Cabuyao.  From google earth and other searches it looks like a small property/business.  It is close to Sta Rosa.  There are many upscale subdivisions nearby the area.  I think the best choice would be to arrive and stay in a hotel while you search for a rental.  As much as I tried and wanted, it is just not very easy to rent without seeing in person.  If you search along San Lorenzo Rd Laguna there are some high end and med level subdivisions. Rents average p40,000 can be less unfurnished and up to p80,000+ for high end furnished.

You can use this link for searching different subdivisions and barangays;   http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=14.279397&lon=121.100492&z=15&m=b&permpoly=12451533

You can use this search for rental properties;  https://www.olx.ph/

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Sorry but I am at a loss here, I have been a Foreigner around the World for some 20+ years and each time I have accepted a Commission/Position/ Contract  I have  had a Company that puts you up for at least 6 months to get sorted, Now, is there a reason that you are looking before you arrive. Are you sure of the Ground you are going to be walking on?

The company I worked for did not do it like that and I moved four times.  They would send us on a week or 2 house hunting trip / familiarization trip (and you were also supposed to keep working!) and you would have a relocation professional assist you to find a place to live.  Sometimes people would not find a place in that time so the would put them in a hotel for a while, but not 6 months.

So in this case, it is always best to try and get the lay of the land before you go.  The more you know, the better.  Goggle maps is your friend!

I used to live south of there.  As others said, traffic is bad, mainly at rush our.  Google that address.  Across the SLEX (AM26) you will see Toyota.  Lots of sub-divisions over there.  See Eton City exit on the SLEX.  That new road there is not too bad and I would guess that if you lived over there, your commute might not be bad.  I drove it a few times on the way to/from Tagaytay.  Your mileage may vary.  Get over there and do the commutes before you decide on a place to live.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Live at Sta Rosa and ride a motorcycle. Or devise a plan to travel very early AM, if you have flexible working hours and perhaps you can get off early. Or sleep over in your office a few days a week.

There's not so much attraction for a family in Cabuyao. But they would like Sta Rosa, it has all facilities.

Sta Rosa has all facilities. And is a sleeper community for Metro Manila although same executive types will only go there on the weekend.

roberto
Posted
Posted

I may have made a mistake on the location of the company. Company name is Ionics and it may be located in Calamba City Laguna

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, roberto said:

I may have made a mistake on the location of the company. Company name is Ionics and it may be located in Calamba City Laguna

Google says its, Circuit St., LISP, Bo. Diezmo, Cabuyao, Laguna, Philippines but if thats correct it must be in someone's lounge room. :89:

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Ionics+EMS,+Inc./@14.255821,121.0953759,14z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1sCircuit+St.,+LISPP+I,+Bgy.+Diezmo,+Cabuyao,+Laguna!3m4!1s0x3397d8602107a645:0xac15c518e3ebd33b!8m2!3d14.2783!4d121.125

• Like 1