Purchasing a Condo in Cebu.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I still want to know why Dave called him a bunny.

chris49
Posted
Posted

What is the topic about? Buying condo's or retirement visas.

Buying a condo for 2-3 M does work because such a place, if it did exist is bought bare. You put in the walls, even the kitchen. Even then, nah not at that price, in Cebu? No.

Townhouses? I owned one in a Filipina's name. She now owns it.

Retirement visas? Are you planning to stay here continuously until age 65? And like me lose your Aussie Residency and have to stay back 2 years to have portability on the pension.

I like women too. Is the topic about that?

Solutions? Rent an Apartelle by the month until you have a better plan. If you insist Cebu, ok, but I would look elsewhere.

Disclaimer: I'm answering without any consideration on the negative dialogue above.

As people will know, I am an Aussie with a US Citizenship, so I have something indirectly in common with the OP.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, chris49 said:

What is the topic about? Buying condo's or retirement visas.

Buying a condo for 2-3 M does work because such a place, if it did exist is bought bare. You put in the walls, even the kitchen. Even then, nah not at that price, in Cebu? No.

Townhouses? I owned one in a Filipina's name. She now owns it.

Retirement visas? Are you planning to stay here continuously until age 65? And like me lose your Aussie Residency and have to stay back 2 years to have portability on the pension.

I like women too. Is the topic about that?

Solutions? Rent an Apartelle by the month until you have a better plan. If you insist Cebu, ok, but I would look elsewhere.

Disclaimer: I'm answering without any consideration on the negative dialogue above.

As people will know, I am an Aussie with a US Citizenship, so I have something indirectly in common with the OP.

Forget it as the OP is banned and wont be back to answer this. He attacked both Dave H and myself when all we were doing is helping the way we could but for some reason this member seems paranoid that everyone is out to get him so stuff it and him as what more can one do?  oh by the way I am  aussie too in the same city as the OP but are ashamed of that at the moment. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Fandango said:

I am going through a divorce and have another 6 months of separation left until I can legally end the marriage.

JGF, or any other Aussies, I'm just curious, what is the law for ending a marriage in AU?  Nothing to do with the OP and I understand he is gone.  His note had me wondering.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

JGF, or any other Aussies, I'm just curious, what is the law for ending a marriage in AU?  Nothing to do with the OP and I understand he is gone.  His note had me wondering.

From my memory it is correct that 12 months separation is required before divorce can proceed here in Australia. 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

From my memory it is correct that 12 months separation is required before divorce can proceed here in Australia. 

Wow. Whole thing took 3 1/2 months for me this year start to finish in US. I could have dragged it on but after trying to salvage for a couple of weeks I decided to let the harpy have what she wanted so long as I got my half of everything. And I did get my half, too. 

Edited by Reboot

robert k
Posted
Posted

To me, you can't get more friendly than giving someone crucial information that they have overlooked or didn't even know they needed. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I still want to know why Dave called him a bunny.

His word, not mine.  But I will say "Hare today, goon tomorrow"

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Copy JGF.

I wanted to answer just to put down in black and white that you could not buy a 2M condo in Cebu. For the benefit of others who might read the thread.

Some people, and I think this is the case here, go to elaborate plans to settle in the Phils. When what that they are really saying is they want to meet some girls. If that is the case just post that and I am sure the advice will follow.

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted

i have to ask, what does " bunny " mean? is it slang for something? Inquiring minds want to know,lol......