Regatta Bay condo, Puerto Princessa, Palawan.

Gary D
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

The good news is I have visited the site for the second time. The last time was about three months ago and I can safely say the grass is a bit longer now. I'm telling them they can take a hike as at the rate of building they should be ready by 2025. I took a video of the site if anyone wants it. It's as the attached videos previously but they've painted the outside of the houses better. Unfortunately my internet is pretty useless at the moment but imagine a field with trenches where the drainage pipes are and some rough dirt tracks with four main buildings in a block and 200m away a stand alone building. The security guy assured me large machinery and a workforce are coming from Manila to complete the project. I think they're travelling by dug out canoe. My advise is not to touch it.

Glad you made your own decission as buying off plan in the Philippines is very dodgy. Condos are often years late or never finished. Also you have no idea if you are going to meet the 40/60 rule until they are all sold. What would happen if they had sold the 40% to forienger and couldn't shift the 60% to locals, it would never be finished and you wouldn't get your money back because the company will suddenly disappear.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Snowy, are you now in Palawan/Puerto?  Myself, wife and parents (and our 2 yr old) heading down Next Sunday 23Apr for couple days, then up to El Nido till Friday and a day back in PP before flying out.   Would love to meet up for beer and talk about the area, your experience so far, etc.   We'll be moving down in Sept and Palawan along w/ Dumaguette, Zambales and perhaps Baguio on our radar to try out for few months each before deciding.   Anyone else on Palawan, would love to meet up for same.  

James C.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
On 4/15/2017 at 10:46 AM, Nickleback99 said:

Snowy, are you now in Palawan/Puerto?  Myself, wife and parents (and our 2 yr old) heading down Next Sunday 23Apr for couple days, then up to El Nido till Friday and a day back in PP before flying out.   Would love to meet up for beer and talk about the area, your experience so far, etc.   We'll be moving down in Sept and Palawan along w/ Dumaguette, Zambales and perhaps Baguio on our radar to try out for few months each before deciding.   Anyone else on Palawan, would love to meet up for same.  

James C.

I'm back in Manila for a while sorting everything out before finally deciding on where to live. Palawan is OK but don't touch Regatta Bay. The people are nice and it's more like a province than a city. Certainly cheaper than most places I've been to. Boots on the ground as everyone says is always a bonus and don't rush into anything.

I keep finding new possibilities every month as I travel around. I've just returned from yet another location that's now on the top of my radar. About half the price of what I was looking at previously and even more to my taste. Sports, beaches, social life, great food and did I mention a target rich environment if you're into good looking fit females?

I've gone from buying a condo, buying a lot as a corporation and building my dream home to renting, back to buying a condo and now looking about 70% sold on renting again as by my maths I'll be saving money every month instead of dipping into my savings. 

I'm looking as a soon to be old free and single again with no rug rats, so my choices may be different to others

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've just returned from yet another location that's now on the top of my radar.

Is it a secret place ? :89:

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Is it a secret place ? :89:

There's a limited amount of rentals in this location so I'm wary of them getting snapped up. :thumbsup: If I go for it or not I'll name the location and list the pros and cons in the near future.

• Like 4

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted

Man, more I look at Dumaguete, on line at least, and spent weekend looking at Ned's YouTube channel vids, the more that appeals to me.  Houses to rent or buy are still very cheap for some great looking places.  Looking forward to boots on the ground soon!   Snowy, I'm pretty sure my Asawa will cut off the sausage and accompanying twins if I were to venture down that tempting road and found out....And I'm pretty sure she's serious!  lol    It's like the Springsteen song, "You Can Look, But You Better Not Touch".  I was a "bad boy" for a number of yrs, but I've settled down since we got serious and then married.   Still, I'll be cheering for ya!   Good luck.   

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
Sean
Posted
Posted
On 4/17/2017 at 6:58 AM, Snowy79 said:

There's a limited amount of rentals in this location so I'm wary of them getting snapped up. :thumbsup: If I go for it or not I'll name the location and list the pros and cons in the near future.

I too almost went for Regatta Bay as it looked great on paper, however seems it's a failed project? Your description of what you were looking for matches my own, so, may I ask, where did you end up? Ready to disclose your secret?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sean said:

I too almost went for Regatta Bay as it looked great on paper, however seems it's a failed project? Your description of what you were looking for matches my own, so, may I ask, where did you end up? Ready to disclose your secret?

I was there just over one month ago and it's definitely a very slow project. I went into the SM mall where they have a sales office. I pretended I had just found out about the project and asked for completion dates on the condo I had initially been interested in? 2019 was the reply, not bad considering the last time I was told it would complete in 2017. 

As for now I've bought a condo on Boracay. Fortunately it complies with all environmental and building regs but the potential cllsure for 6 months could bite in the short term. 

• Like 1

Dr. Shiva
Posted
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I was there just over one month ago and it's definitely a very slow project. I went into the SM mall where they have a sales office. I pretended I had just found out about the project and asked for completion dates on the condo I had initially been interested in? 2019 was the reply, not bad considering the last time I was told it would complete in 2017.

Did they already started with the construction?  It can be that they did not sold enough condos for the project start and therefore they delayed the construction in the attempt to sell more condos in advance.

Edited by Dr. Shiva

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Dr. Shiva said:

Did they already started with the construction?  It can be that they did not sold enough condos for the project start and therefore they delayed the construction in the attempt to sell more condos in advance.

They had started when I first looked at the site. The land had been cleared and a start had been made on one of the buildings. It's taken a couple of years to finish one building and to start the foundations of the second. In their office I was shown the master plans and it looked like over 80% had been reserved. 

As I watched their website over the years I got the impression they were using peoples deposit money to travel the World trying to sell more properties and not spending any money building.  

• Like 3