5 Year Drivers License

intrepid
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

The new 5 year DL starts next month so you might want to postpone until then, if possible.

http://www.yugatech.com/cars-transportation/lto-to-release-drivers-license-w-5-year-validity-starting-september/

Again, my typical luck.  We just acquired ours last month and expire 2018!  Oh well, next time.  Is there a cost increase? Not that it would matter, just rather save the time at the LTO.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

UPDATE:

I just renewed my old 3 year license as it expired today.  I did it in the Dumaguete LTO office at Robinson's Mall. First the want a pee test and reading of the eye chart.  Cost 450 pesos.  Then the wanted me to fill out a form because my address had changed since last time.  They took photo and electronic signature and electronic thumb print.  Cost of license was 752 which included an extra hundred for changing my address.  So all in it cost me 1202 pesos for a 5 year license but they have no plastic.  Come back in June for the plastic card.  Until then I have a temporary paper license.

As always, YMMV

EDIT:  Looking on the bright side, I started the process at 5 minutes to 1 PM and was out of there by 1:40

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
On 8/9/2016 at 6:50 PM, intrepid said:

Again, my typical luck.  We just acquired ours last month and expire 2018!  Oh well, next time.  Is there a cost increase? Not that it would matter, just rather save the time at the LTO.

I missed the5 year licence by 6 days what a downer haha

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

The same just renewed my licence i went on line to see what I needed , I went and had my eyes checked need new glasses had a form there they filled out for me for LTO, then went and saw my Doctor had him sign  his form for my medical release for LTO went to LTO all happy had everything I needed to renew my Licence, WRONG they would not take my papers from my Doctors they had a special form that had to be filled out, so back to the Doctor with there form which which was a form that had 3 boxes that need to be checked off saying I could see, saying I could hear, saying I was breathing, and a place for the Doctor to sign and give his information which he had on his form , I know you are going to ask why I did not just go to the Doctor at LTO the last time I went she really pissed me off all the Filipinos ahead of me stood up in front of her she looked at them asked them 2 questions signed there paper and on there way , my turn she made me do the eye test, blood pressure, checked my heart, and my reflexes , I looked at her and asked what was up why she checked me out and not the other Filipinos, as I felt that was not right, the look I got would have killed most people she was not to happy with me signed my form and I left, so I will not go back to her, ever, so off to the LTO to renew my licence, the ladies remembered me from the day before I got the VIP treatment, showed them the form went to the 3 windows must have taken maybe 10 minutes I was done told to come back in June to get my Licence as there was no plastic, it cost me 750 peso and good for 5 years, that was my experence at LTO here in Kalibo 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, kalibojerry said:

The same just renewed my licence

Did they also tell you that you have to wait until June for the plastic license?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, kalibojerry said:

I was done told to come back in June to get my Licence as there was no plastic,

1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Did they also tell you that you have to wait until June for the plastic license?

:whistling:

• Like 3

intrepid
Posted
Posted

I wonder why my license is valid for only two years?  Is it because of my birthday?  My wife and I applied and completed all requirements on June 15, 2016.  Paid the 750 peso.  Received a paper temp and told to come back in August for the plastic.  End of August told return in November when they will have plastic.  November told to return in Feb.  We returned in March 2017 and finally picked up the plastic license which expire first week September 2018 on my birthday.  Typical is the word I used to reserve for where I worked.  Now it is for here.  No matter what or how it happens, it's just "typical".:89:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Until then I have a temporary paper license.

I have had my temporary paper license for 11 months, I gave up checking a few months back.  Maybe they will have plastic when I go to renew this time.  I am still waiting for the metal license plates from two years ago.  "Sorry sir, but out of stock but you still have to pay the fee."

• Like 2

kalibojerry
Posted
Posted

I waited for 2 year to get my license plates for my car 

• Like 1