This may affect getting your filipina spouse to the US

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Trump calls Philippines a terrorist nation

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump called the Philippines a “terrorist nation”

Trump said immigrants from terrorist nations should be barred entry into the United States

Among the countries he labeled as “terrorist nations” are Afghanistan, Iraq, Morocco, Pakistan, the Philippines, Somalia, Syria, Uzbekistan and Yemen

more at http://kickerdaily.com/posts/2016/08/trump-calls-philippines-a-terrorist-nation/

Warning:  I have not checked to see if the info is truthful but its an interesting article anyway.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Trump calls Philippines a terrorist nation

Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump called the Philippines a “terrorist nation”

Trump said immigrants from terrorist nations should be barred entry into the United States

Clown.JPG Enough said.......

• Like 4

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I believe Trump was calling for a pause in immigration from know terrorist hot spots until this little ISIS thing can be resolved. He does not want to want to flood the US with Islamic Immigrants hostile to US way of life? He does not want the US to make the same mistakes made in Europe and end up like France and Belgium? Democrats on the other hand are for open borders. They know that 70% of the immigrants will vote democratic once they attain citizenship and they want the additional votes to dominate elections.

http://www.thetower.org/article/why-are-there-jihadists-in-minnesota/

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

My wife is in the process of getting approval to lift her conditions on her Green Card. The paperwork to apply went through as complete as can be-nothing strange-nothing missing-yet they sent an RFI (request for more information) letter back-took 6 months of waiting. I gathered the requested info and sent it back straight away (we'll see what happens).

She saw the You Tube clip of "The Donald" talking about the Philippines-terrorist nation speech, etc shortly after receiving this RFI letter from USCIS. She worries because she's from southern Mindanao that she's going to be targeted or scrutinized more and thinks they will call us down for an interview. I told her-no worries-this guy has no authority at this point (may never-not going to predict either).

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

Well, some people are getting kidnapped and their heads cut off by muslims. If that was all I was told, I would probably come to the same conclusion.

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Moderator note:

NO POLITICS PLEASE!

I had to remove 15 posts from people who insist on making this thread about US politics.  Please read the replies so far and follow the topic.  The topic is how one political figure has made a statement which may impact filipinas moving to or visiting the USA.  Please don't push JGF into locking or deleting the thread!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
JJReyes
Posted
Posted

At the present time, this topic is speculative or a, "what if" situation. We need to wait until after the American elections to determine what course of action will be taken by the new, incoming administration.

There is also such a thing as bureaucratic inertia. Radical changes are seldom arbitrary decisions made by the president. It is highly unlike the US Congress will approve everything that a new president wants. Any change may also require approval by the US Supreme Court because of constitutional issues.

The tricameral system (administrative, legislative and judicial) proposed by the nation's founding father prevents giving too much power to one branch of government.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

He's already softening his tone on the immigration front.