Cost of setting up home

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

What would one say as a guess of the cost of buying new furniture and things to set up a home in a 2 bedroom place. Not expensive stuff just reasonably priced. Including things like pots and pans, linen etc. I know it depends on a lot of things but a guestimate please. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Add in the aircons and the motorbike and I am up to 200K

Sounds about Right, Shop around and there are many bargains to be had. Mine is a good getter of Discounts but it is still a nightmare out there. Wish you well matey ( JGF that is) :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I was going to say about 250k erring to the upper side just in case. It could be a lot less, or a lot more, depends on the person. Bargains are usually in my view found over time, if you are going to stock the place in a couple days, less bargains will be found and it's going to cost more. 

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When you are out window shopping in Cebu city check out Unitop and Novo stores at the carbon end of Jones avenue,some very good bargains at these places. For instance I bought a Ss wok 4 1/2 years ago and itis still in very good condition and it only cost 135 peso.

• Like 5

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

When we set up our house we spent about p70,000 ($1,700 USD).  I did not buy pots & pans as I shipped most of my kitchen toys in BB boxes.  This was couch & chairs, 36" Sony TV, Sharp refrigerator, Hitachi window aircon, rice cooker, bed, dressers, shelves, dining room table & chairs, computer desk, 2 burner range, bed linens, pillows... everything.

The appliances mostly came from Imperial. Linens and pillows from SM. The furniture from Unitop.  It was so cheap I knew it would not last... but here we are almost 4 years and we have had to replace nothing so far.  I am shocked :tiphat:

• Like 3

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Just what I bought

TV SHARP 34INCH 14,000

Lounge and side tables 2,500

Table and 4 Chairs ( Plastic) 2, 400

Fridge ( Local Brand) 10,000

Bed and Matt  4,000

Kitchen Cooker 2 burner and gas bottle 2,500

Water Bottles and Dispenser 600

Cabinets x 2    2,000

Fans Pedestal x 2  2400

Toaster and Jug   1500

Clothes stand, shoe racks,  2,000

I would say I spent half of that again buying kitchen and household stuff.

I would suggest you put some decent kitchen knives and fry pans in your B.B boxes and as others have said Unitop is the place to buy just about anything you need, but choose wisely no returns or refunds here.

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

100 K is sweet. With 50 k standby if there's a women involved, they like curtains. floor mats, extra towels and linen's, things we don't think about.

Cable TV and Internet with the inititial hook up, maybe 10 k. Gas cooker with the first bottle and deposit.

Novo is great for a browse around. Plates, cups, kitchen wares, anything  you might want.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

When I first rented in Cebu city I bought for that place when I moved to Dalaguete I bought some more now in Dumaguete I have added more things. I think if it is your first port of call it is best to keep it simple and wait until you find somewhere that you think you will settle. 

• Like 5

robert k
Posted
Posted

The two things I may have gone too cheap on were one fan and the blender, neither lasted very long. Some bargains, aren't.

• Like 4