How Much to Retire In PI

cattledog
Posted
Posted

Would 50k USD annually,  be enough to have good retirement in Subic or Angeles area. I am former US Military.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, cattledog said:

Would 50k USD annually,  be enough to have good retirement in Subic or Angeles area

Yes.  No question about it.

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

50k?  Hell, with 50k I would still be living in the US ha ha. 

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

$50, 000 USD is way over the amount needed.

You could be making a few trips back to the US, renting a deluxe apartment or condo, running a car and still be well ahead.

Of course $50 k USD is well over the tax threshold, so you would be paying some taxes off the top? Unless it's 100% disability.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

@ 50k $ per year (guaranteed) most of us could stay where were were and have our wives with us.

Just saying :shades:

• Like 4

bows00
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, cattledog said:

Would 50k USD annually,  be enough to have good retirement in Subic or Angeles area. I am former US Military.

Is that 50K US gross, or after taxes?  Are you planning to live there permanently?  Or months at a time and returning home to the US?  If so, where do you live in the US?  Are you going to maintain a rental there?  How often are you planning to return to the states?   Bringing a family with you?  Are you alone and single?  Want to enjoy the bar scene?

You need to provide more details.  Most expats could live off of that much, but their situation may be way different from yours.  Based on your choice of living in Angeles or Subic, one could assume that you would like to experience the bar scene, which can get very expensive. 

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I wouldn't assume the bar scene was the point, Subic is not all bars, Angeles from all I have heard enjoys fairly decent infrastructure, possibly as a result of being a destination for so many foreigners. Family men live both places also.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

stay where were were and have our wives with us.

Or not with us!!!! :hystery:

• Like 3

cattledog
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, bows00 said:

Is that 50K US gross, or after taxes?  Are you planning to live there permanently?  Or months at a time and returning home to the US?  If so, where do you live in the US?  Are you going to maintain a rental there?  How often are you planning to return to the states?   Bringing a family with you?  Are you alone and single?  Want to enjoy the bar scene?

You need to provide more details.  Most expats could live off of that much, but their situation may be way different from yours.  Based on your choice of living in Angeles or Subic, one could assume that you would like to experience the bar scene, which can get very expensive. 

50k after Taxes, single.  not interested in Bar scene. will do some traveling, around SE Asia. i eventually may pick a another location in The PI.

cattledog
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, robert k said:

I wouldn't assume the bar scene was the point, Subic is not all bars, Angeles from all I have heard enjoys fairly decent infrastructure, possibly as a result of being a destination for so many foreigners. Family men live both places also.

Thanks, many former US Military retired, live in Freeport Zones In Subic and Clark.