4 hours ago, Old55 said:

The fact is some could not. :mellow:

Some cant survive on a million either huh?:mocking:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, russellmania said:

Some cant survive on a million either huh?

Not if they have a filipina wife :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31:

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, russellmania said:

How long will it be before someone ask "Can I survive in the P.I. on 75k USD per year?" SMH.

Very funny but true. Key word, "survive". Yes, it's hard to survive on 50k to 75k USD per year in the PI.

robert k
Posted
Posted

It's funny to me that many people who might have taken 2 weeks vacation a year in the US expect that they will be on permanent vacation if they move to the Philippines and if that is the definition of survival, their survival in the Philippines is iffy and they might better stay where they are on permanent vacation. On USD 75k a year I could live to a very good standard during the week and take 3 day weekend every weekend. Possibly vacation in the US a couple weeks a year.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

It's funny to me that many people who might have taken 2 weeks vacation a year in the US expect that they will be on permanent vacation if they move to the Philippines

Many people view retirement as permanent vacation and could not afford permanent vacation where they are now so they are looking at Philippines as an option.  Not surprising to me.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Many people view retirement as permanent vacation and could not afford permanent vacation where they are now so they are looking at Philippines as an option.  Not surprising to me.

Many people retire and their brain takes a permanent vacation, forgetting that they need to budget their money for example... fighting like a couple of girls in McDonald's parking lot for another hahaha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
pjclark1
Posted
Posted

I've been living in Thailand and visiting the Philippines, doesn't seem to be much difference in living expenses.

Thailand in Chiang Mai (inland near the mountains) I spend around $1,300 a month.

Philippines in Barretto beach (Subic near Olongapo) I spend around $2,000 a month but it's in holiday mode.

A Decent apartment around 1Km from the beach is 15,000 peso a month, compared to a 3 bed house purchase in  CM costing 15,000 peso a month.

Booze and girls are way cheaper in PI, food is more expensive. If I were living full time in the PI, I would expect my monthly costs to be under $1,300 a month for a fairly comfortable lifestyle. PI appears to me to be currently much more 'foreigner friendly' than Thailand.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
On 16/08/2016 at 7:53 AM, Gratefuled said:

Very funny but true. Key word, "survive". Yes, it's hard to survive on 50k to 75k USD per year in the PI.

Please tell me this is a joke......$1000-$1500 a week!

Having worked my butt off in UK for 51Years, I now realise I should of immigrated to the states as a Young man :SugarwareZ-037:

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 5:05 PM, scott h said:

Or not with us!!!! :hystery:

That's the ticket! :thumbsup:

tomaw
Posted
Posted
On Sunday, August 14, 2016 at 2:01 AM, cattledog said:

Would 50k USD annually,  be enough to have good retirement in Subic or Angeles area. I am former US Military.

50k! I don't make that much now and I live in S. California!

• Like 1