My house broken into!

Nunaya
Posted
Posted

Hello everyone.

I live in Plaridel 1 and been here about 15 months. I live in a conjoined home.

On Friday night/ Saturday morning, my house was broken into and I think one person. He bent the steel bar holding a padlock on the gate then forced it open.

Then it looks like he has forced open a screen door in a small entry room in the front to gain access to the main steel door going into our house. There was a padlock on this gate which he forced off.

Came into our house very quietly. There was a woman sleeping with the door open in a bedroom and our bedroom door was locked. There were 3 kids under 9 years old sleeping in the bedroom but none of them woke up.

He crept into this room and opened all the drawers but found nothing of value. On the floor next to the bed was a small bag with money in it which he stole.

He also stole a Toshiba lap top computer worth around $800.00 from the lounge area near the television. Also seaching through drawers for other valuables to steel.

His last action was to go into the refrigerator and he stole about 36 Shanghai spring rolls!! He must of been hungry.

Luckily no one woke up or he may have bashed or killed them! All very scary stuff.

On Monday we got word from our friend who works for the local Barangay that they had caught a guy who looks to be in his 40s, bald, trying to break into another house here in Plaridel. He tried to run away but they caught him and bashed the shit out of him! He is now in jail waiting to be processed. To me he appears to be a professional Burglar as he knows how to pick houses with any weak areas that are easy to break into!

The policeman who came to inspect our break in told us we are in our rights to kill any intruders that get into your home uninvited! But act quick as they may kill you first!

This is my first time in my life that I have ever had trouble like this!

We have now upgraded our security plus installation of 2 alarms that sound off within 5 seconds of anyone who is not wanted crossing in the path of the detection beams.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Nunaya said:

This is my first time in my life that I have ever had trouble like this!

I am sorry to hear of your trouble.  It happens often enough that I would venture a number somewhere between 25% and 50% of the expats I know personally have had a home invasion like you describe or at least an attempted one.  It is a serious problem here.  I am amazed that some of the expats who have had it happen to them, and many of their friends tend to play down the dangers. They offer excuses like"  You need dogs, you need more security, its just kids, its someone with a grudge, it can happen anywhere, etc etc.

Our fellow members need to learn that this is a big problem in Philippines, and yes the burglars often kill anyone who wakes up as they know they are in danger of being killed or accused by an eye witness.

Stay safe, my friends.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Our fellow members need to learn that this is a big problem in Philippines

Vigilance is especially called for at this time, with the crack down on drugs and dealers, those who would support their habit by selling small amounts of shabu on the street are afraid of reprisals and are turning to petty crime and break ins. Our neighbor hood had one recently also. Addicts are getting desperate and are taking more and more chances.

• Like 5

roddavis
Posted
Posted

Sorry for the break in! It happens here and in the States. Motion flood lights posted around the property and several dogs seems to discourage most home intrusions. I've seen our flood lights pop on occasionally, then the dogs start barking! Even the neighbors are reluctant to come over at night.

• Like 3