Renting a house in Cebu City

Johnny C
Posted
Posted

I don't know the neighborhoods of Cebu City and I want to rent a house for up to 60000 p. Any advice as where to look in nice and safe areas of the city?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

There are a number of upscale gated housing communities you can view online. This will give you an idea what is available. THe prices are all over the place Philippines is a funny place that way. There is no general rule or trend but prices are high for quality homes in better gated communities.

I know of nice new modest homes outside metro Cebu City in fairly safe gated compounds that cost 3 to 6 million pesos. Not sure what they would rent at but much less than 40,000 pesos.

• Like 2

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I would think that 60k would be a large palace.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, mogo51 said:

I would think that 60k would be a large palace.

Apparently there are a couple in Manila that the Administration heads don't use :shades:

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Not surprised Jack.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Not surprised Jack.

At Least they have Pools Ron, Might be worth a look

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Johnny C said:

I don't know the neighborhoods of Cebu City and I want to rent a house for up to 60000 p. Any advice as where to look in nice and safe areas of the city?

You would be looking in the Banilad/Talamban areas or places like Maria Luisa estate for upscale housing. Also areas around the IT park for safe areas but those in Cebu should be able to help you more.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Well in central Cebu my friend has just rented out his 3-bedroom apartment (right next to Ayla) for 131,000 Peso a month. On the other hand another friend has just rented a 3-bedroom house in Talamban for 15,000 Peso a month. Between the two there are all kinds of variations but in the general scheme of things the nearer you want to be to the centre of Cebu City the more expensive it will be.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

just to add another comparison my 26m2 studio rents out for Peso 15k a month and never have problems renting, in centre close to everything.......

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/17/2016 at 4:37 PM, DavidK said:

his 3-bedroom apartment (right next to Ayla) for 131,000 Peso a month.

I thought I posted this question before but maybe not.  What kind of apartment would rent for 131,000 pesos (~2,800 USD)?  Huge, super luxury, private pool, private elevator, etc.?

• Like 1