Travel from Makati City to Cabuyao, Laguna

roberto
Posted
Posted

HI - will be moving to the Phils in December and will be working in Cabuyao. I am looking for areas to live in and was wondering how long it would take to travel daily to Cabuyao - from Makati City- taking traffic into account.

thanks

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Do you want us to refer to calendar days, or convert them into hours for you???:hystery::hystery::hystery:

Just a joke for those of us who drive in Manila traffic.

To be honest it will probably take you 30-45 minutes to reach the city limits. The express way is pretty good. The problem here is surface streets. I have no idea where your prospective house is. So how long it will take you to get the express way. Then once you leave the express way in Makati it will depend where your office is. But to give you an idea we live about 13 kilometers from Makati if I could get there in under 1 hour using surface streets I would be elated.

I know this is not as specific as you would like it to be, but traffic is bad here most of the time. Bet on 2 hours plus each way to be safe.

Benington
Posted
Posted

Roberto, you started a thread a month or so ago where you were asking about living in Cabuyao. On the face of it it might seem a good idea to be going "against the traffic", southwards out of Makati on the SLEX.

Two points on that. First, in the Calabarzon area over the last two or three years there has been a noticeable increase in traffic coming out of Manila towards work and school destinations in the area. And trucks will be leaving for the South early morning. Still, it shouldn't be too bad, except perhaps getting to the SLEX from wherever you are in Makati.

Second, if you refer back to a post I made in your original thread I said that I had often observed stationary traffic stuck at the Cabuyao SLEX exit in the early mornings. It always looked to me that they couldn't get onto the congested road to the city.

chris49
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Benington said:

Roberto, you started a thread a month or so ago where you were asking about living in Cabuyao. On the face of it it might seem a good idea to be going "against the traffic", southwards out of Makati on the SLEX.

Two points on that. First, in the Calabarzon area over the last two or three years there has been a noticeable increase in traffic coming out of Manila towards work and school destinations in the area. And trucks will be leaving for the South early morning. Still, it shouldn't be too bad, except perhaps getting to the SLEX from wherever you are in Makati.

Second, if you refer back to a post I made in your original thread I said that I had often observed stationary traffic stuck at the Cabuyao SLEX exit in the early mornings. It always looked to me that they couldn't get onto the congested road to the city.

Yes I did recommend similar but not in Makati. Eastwood is already on C5, saves 30-40 mins each way.

However. A 2 hour commute one way could become 3-4 hours sometimes. As I said, have a small rental in Cabuyao going there Monday-Friday.

Overall it is better having the family in Manila. Then work on the logistics.