Safe to meet in Dipolog

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I don't give advice but I'll offer my opinion. First, welcome and good luck in finding a wife here. You may or may not get lucky. 

I'm a skeptic and not a hopeless romantic when it comes to falling in love. I like to think that "all that glitters is not gold". In my situation, I got lucky but didn't wear my heart on my sleeve and didn't rush off to buy a ring, either. My wife turned out to be a "diamond in the rough". Meaning, she wasn't looking for a husband. She worked full time as a "unit manager" at a local hospital. She had already experienced a bad relationship and was not eager to meet someone new, not even a handsome devil like me ( laughing). When, I met her parents, they were very nice and the first thing her father asked me was "what are your intentions?". She, my wife now,  told me from the start that she will never leave the Philippines as long as her parents are alive. So, I knew from the start where I stood. 

Good Luck 

• Like 4

DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted

Methersgate:  Thank you for the hotel recommendation.

Gratefuled:  Thank you for the welcome and sharing your story.  There is really no shortage of sweet and beautiful women there.  I guess I'm a mix of skeptic and romantic.  I do have good intuition though so hopefully it will guide me correctly.

I heard Dumaguete has a good sailing community there and though I'm a novice I'd like to get into that more seriously and hopefully find some people there I can learn from.

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

For sailing, you will do better in either Subic or Puerto Galera. I would try Puerto Galera.

People here have quite strong views on Dumaguete, for and against.

If you are interested in a girl from Dipolog, go there. How else will you get to know her?

• Like 3

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Welcome and enjoy the forum.

It is your life, but relationships with big age differences can be quite a challenge to say the least.  There is no sure way of finding the right person, but please, don't be in a rush.  Set yourself up with some parameters regarding what you expect in a woman and stick by them.

Think about what you seek in a woman and stick to those standards and you should win. IMO.  They are plenty of wonderful Filipino women there, but there are plenty of rogues in between them.

I did just that 5 years ago and won big time!!! Good luck.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

relationships with big age differences can be quite a challenge

True words were never spoken, but let me simplify it further:  relationships can be quite a challenge

• Like 4

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

Van ride from Dipolog to Davao is only 400 pesos (this was last year) and only 5-6 hours of travel... just saying.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, frozenmystic28 said:

Van ride from Dipolog to Davao is only 400 pesos (this was last year) and only 5-6 hours of travel... just saying.

Interesting. Surprised it's that quick.

But you pass through some "pretty interesting" places on the way to Davao from Dipolog. I'd rate that journey, "adventure tourism"!:smile:,

I am someone who has ridden the length of Zamboanga del Sur on the roof of a jeep, but Maguindanao is another matter entirely!

Edited by Methersgate
  • Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

It's easy to lose one's head in some of those places, so I've heard. It's more fun in the Philippines!

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted

LOL. Not quite in the sense I meant it, but applies equally.

• Like 4