Do any of you have this problem?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Dang.  I thought my Yvonne was the only Pineapple Princess.  She even has an online presence as the "Pineapple Crown" online personal shopping princess.   Oops.  As I read this to her before posting she tells me:  "I'm a Queen.  I'm the Pineapple Queen".  Pineapple Queen.jpg   

Dave my little darling has a few nick names from me...

Pineapple Princess or Miss Del monte

Sore finger (Always on facebook or playing games)

Nod-offski  the Russian ballerina (Can fall asleep at the drop of a hat)

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Gina worked for a lady who had a daughter in the USA. She was gifted a few name brand items (Gap, Victoria's Secret and etc). She liked the stuff and wore it for a longish time.

I tipped her off on a few good brands. Also Gap, Old Navy, Oskosh By Gosh for kids, Guess.  She scoured the weekly market and was coming home with "branded" items, which she was getting for 50-70-100 pesos per item. She did not know the difference except when after washing the items had a limited life span.

I did try to tell her, but it wasn't a bad thing really. It made her happy, and when she bought a bundle of items, she could always say "these are the ones you recommended honey"

Ano may problema mo? What was the problem if she was only going to wear the stuff a limited number of times, I let it slide.

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife frequents the thrift stores on a regular basis and spends hours scowering the racks for just the right item (usually tops). I asked her if starting Jan 1 if she wore a different top every day, what date would it be before she had to wear that same top she wore on Jan 1. I'm guessing sometime in October :hystery: before the cycle would begin again.

Edited by Hey Steve
  • Like 3

davewe
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yes I have similar experiences with Yvonne.  I do not want to teach her to buy better quality, expensive clothes because so long as she is happy going out and buying a new blouse for 100 pesos then she can do that twice a week and its cheap entertainment for her.

I agree with Dave. When Janet 1st arrived in the US, I always went shopping with her. I tried to encourage her to get warmer clothing, but her idea of winter clothes was a light dress 6" above the knee. I finally wised up and realized she loves these things, the stuff she buys is dirt cheap, she is frugal and freaks out if she spends $20. She has many things she has never worn or worn only once but who cares - she loves the search and gets dresses from China for like $3.

Ultimately they may be poor girls from a 3rd world country - but they're women and love their shopping.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

My wife's closet is packed with clothes. The clothes she buys and the ones i choose for her. 

When we go out together, I like to dress her. Meaning, I like to color co ordinate and mix and match her clothes and shoes. She is tall with long wavy hair and she really looks nice dressed up. She looks nice always, but exceptionally nice when I choose her clothes.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:chickendance: I don't get involved, It is Safer that way :mellow: We never say the right thing, so Silence is Golden:SugarwareZ-004:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

A Filipina's clothes expand to fill the space available... plus 20%...

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Methersgate said:

A Filipina's clothes expand to fill the space available... plus 20%...

20 percent?     From C cup to double D's?  

• Like 5

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jake said:

20 percent?     From C cup to double D's?  

I cannot tell a lie: 34 B and size 6 knickers. UK 4 or 5 shoes. Don't ask me how I know this...

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Methersgate said:

I cannot tell a lie: 34 B and size 6 knickers. UK 4 or 5 shoes. Don't ask me how I know this...

I think my wife is also 34 B but she has long narrow feet that I call Kangaroo feet.

• Like 2