I'm going home...

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

Home is where the heart is. I left my heart in California. This here is Purgatory.

I "still have my old country I consider as my home"

Edited by Gratefuled
  • Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

This here is HELL or Purgatory.

So why are you here then?

• Like 3

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

That question made me think.

I've been out of the UK for nearly 40 years so have long since ceased to regard that as home. Although I do go back to Blighty every year or two, to see my sisters and enjoy a pint or few of real beer, I find that a couple of weeks in England is long enough for me.

The thirteen years I have lived here has been the longest I have lived in any city since I left my parent's home at 18. However I would certainly not call this home.

I suppose I'm a latter-day nomad or more romantically I think of the whole world as my home.

:56da64aa52228_23_9_101:

• Like 5

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, i am bob said:

I'm wondering how many others consider the Philippines as their home now.

I wonder if there are others who play little word games with themselves.  I mean I consider this house in Philippines to be my home.  I consider home to be anywhere I hang up my clothes for an indefinite time.  There were hotel rooms in the past that I considered home.

But I do not consider Philippines to be my country of residence.  I have a home here but I do not feel I am a permanent resident.  Apart from the fact that I am only here on a tourist visa, I like the feeling of being able to pull up stakes and move on a moments notice.  Nomadic frame of mind perhaps?

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

In the words of Captain Beefheart "my head is my only house unless it rains"

saying that, I have built a house here and consider this place to be my final resting place.

• Like 4

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think the best I have heard home described is "home is not a place, it's people".

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, robert k said:

home is not a place, it's people

Are you sure you are not just talking about homely people. (Click here for meaning if you don't get it)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well G&G's seems to me, if you are happy "AT" home "Home" is where you should be happiest, When I ask where has the money gone? "In our Home" comes the answer, I am reminded of something I say a lot, "Home" is where your Heart is :thumbsup: I will say now that Azon has stopped calling her family house as Home :smile:

• Like 1