7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

You Got it By George I think you have Got it :whistling:

:hystery::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Spanish rain does not actually stay mainly in the plain. It falls mainly in the northern mountains

:hystery: Don't you believe Young Un, Malaga, Marbella and much of the Sol is constantly under water during the rainy Season. :shades: Mountains are very Far away. It Floods because it stays on the Plains

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

You bein' from Spain 'n awl, Oy'd think you knew wot:  Spanish rain does not actually stay mainly in the plain. It falls mainly in the northern mountains

It's a quote from the movie  "My Fair Lady" and not a fact. He was trying to get her to pronounce the words correctly without the street accent. 

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I'm sure you mean "perfect American".

The Brits are the ones who speak English whether perfect or imperfect.

I'm sure you mean English spoken in the US is perfect English, as in an improvement on the Brits English.

Perfect American would be a flavor of Spanish as the population of Central and South America is nearly double that of North America.

(fyi I am from Missouri, or is dat dare Misourah, dag nagit, I aint got know idear which won is write... 20 years in Georgia ruint me)

oops, to get closer to being on topic. After living in so many different places I find my default accent is US national tv news which gets slanted towards who I am speaking to. Especially if a Southerner (from living in Georgia) or a Brit (from living in Felixstowe) 

Edited by AlwaysRt
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Geeeeeeze what is the Point here How did a simple question of Loosing an Accent turn into the Rainfall in Spain and who speaks the best English, Now G & G's anyone want to stay on Topic with me and answer, "Have you lost or are you losing your Accent" whilst it is Funny to a degree, I think maybe I have wasted my time in Asking :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 5

Reboot
Posted
Posted

So as not to offend just the people of Britain, I have to admit, I speak perfect Spanish too...latin-americans far outnumber those on the peninsula...hehe.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Geeeeeeze what is the Point here How did a simple question of Loosing an Accent turn into the Rainfall in Spain and who speaks the best English, Now G & G's anyone want to stay on Topic with me and answer, "Have you lost or are you losing your Accent" whilst it is Funny to a degree, I think maybe I have wasted my time in Asking :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I have adapted my accent depending on whom I am talking to. When I meet people from Bristol it reverts back quite quickly.That wall in your house must need re-building by now,the amount of times you bang your head there.Do you wear a hardhat?

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

I think maybe I have wasted my time in Asking

Check back through the thread.  Notice serious replies with no likes.  Notice that attempts at humor get lots of like.  The dog that's fed is the dog that howls for more food.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Check back through the thread.  Notice serious replies with no likes.  Notice that attempts at humor get lots of like.

Ah I see, so no point asking anything of a serious nature then EH?

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

I am wondering if Anyone else has noticed this in their Accents?

Lack of positive response is often a negative response so your answer seems to be no.  But I am worried about you.  In all seriousness, could this be a speech problem related to your previous stroke?  Perhaps a check up is in order?

• Like 2