Timmy's in PH

canadamale
Posted
Posted

Good News for canuck coffee drinkers. The all Canadian favorite coffee house Tim Hortons to locate in Philippines. www.cbc.ca/news/business/tim-hortons-philippines-expansion-1.3698484. Maybe my Tim Horton stocks will go up now. If I had the funds I would look at a frachise. Anyone for a double double??

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

:wow: :Yes: :SugarwareZ-005:

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Don't they grow coffee over there? They sure have the climate for it.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Reboot said:

Don't they grow coffee over there?

They have some great coffee beans in this part of the world, but its rare to find a good blend of properly roasted and ground coffee.  Timmy's has the most addictive coffee ever.  You can drink it once or twice and think its the same as any other coffee but the more you drink it the more you crave it.  I would be interested to know how they do this.  The "official" response is that they super-heat the water before allowing to drip over the grounds and get out all the flavour and goodness.  Sounds a bit like BS to me as they also sell coffee makers and tins of coffee for home use and you just don't get the same fulfillment from that.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've been to Canada more than a few times, and Timmy's is not bad, I could drink it every day, but it's nothing to go nuts about, either. I've had better coffee brewed in a sock in a South American slum. No offense folks. Just me. 

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Reboot said:

it's nothing to go nuts about, either

These people would not agree with you.

tim-hortons-line-up.jpg

I have yet to go into a Tim Horton's where there is no line up

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Reboot said:

Don't they grow coffee over there? They sure have the climate for it.

Yes the Philippines has a local variety called Barako, sometimes called Baguio or Batangas coffee. If they have the climate it's possible they don't have the right soil. Many mountainous areas have volcanic deposits over the original soil.

It is quite strong if brewed from the beans. Upmarket joints like Starbucks don't use it, nor do franchises offering freshly brewed coffee.

I don't mind it but would give it 5/10 if compared to a Brazilian, Kenyan, Ethiopean bean.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I'll have to try it sometime. How do they make it? Is it drip coffee? 

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

Now this is coffee...with a capital "C." It isn't watered down Canadian stuff. It's so good it can only be enjoyed sparingly in a tiny cup....LOL. :pow:

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

On our Bali vacation, "Y" insists that I try their cat shit coffee.  Anyone else done that?  I may just try it when we get there.

• Like 1