Kadayawan Week was last week here in Davao.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I love strawberries but the only ones I've found were he frozen ones at S & R. I blend them along with frozen peaches, bananas  and orange juice. ( no salt )

They had "fresh" strawberrys from time to time in Iloilo. Very expensive and not so fresh anymore, when they arrived in the shop. Absolutely tasteless and i guess thats why my Anne used the salt. Bought 20kg of strawberrys when we arrived in Estonia (freeze most of it for winter) and she ate 2kg or so :D. So sweet and juicy compared to that over expensive supermarket crap in PH.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Sander Martin said:

So sweet and juicy compared to that over expensive supermarket crap in PH.

I think ALL imported food is expensive. I'm referring to the packaged food. I'm just used to some brands from experience and too stubborn to adjust my taste buds to something different. 

Again, I've watched inflation slowly but surely hit the grocery items here and back home while wages remain low.

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 9/4/2016 at 2:48 PM, Gratefuled said:

I love strawberries but the only ones I've found were he frozen ones at S & R. I blend them along with frozen peaches, bananas  and orange juice. ( no salt )

Yeah. I also love strawberries. That is another reason I chose to live in Baguio. All those fresh strawberries when they are in season. Huge stacks of them at the wet market. A lot of strawberries grown around Baguio.

• Like 5