While on the subject of terrorism in the Philippines.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted (edited)

My wife spoke with a neighbor  about an hour ago. He said that a bomb went off  around 11 PM last night on Roxas Blvd killing 10 people. Nothing on the NEWS yet. 

Roxas Ave is popular at night. President Duterte when he was mayor prohibited street vendors during the day. They set up at night and close off one side of the street. I don't go there. I just wonder how true it is about the bomb.

This is Davao City, the home of President Duterte. It may be part of the rumor that there is a plot to assassinate him.

Edited by Gratefuled
addition
  • Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

Update, 14 killed, dozens wounded. This was reported on CNN just a few minutes ago.  President Duterte declares a "state of lawlessness".

The sh-t has hit the fan.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, scott h said:

Just the cost of doing business. Omelets and eggs. The Abu's are hoping the government backs down. If a sustained offensive continues, there will be more actions like this before its over. Lets hope they and the Filipino populace has the perseverance to see it through. 

They will, the populace has seen worse during Japanese occupation. 

• Like 3

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

My wife spoke with a neighbor  about an hour ago. He said that a bomb went off  around 11 PM last night on Roxas Blvd killing 10 people. Nothing on the NEWS yet. 

Roxas Ave is popular at night. President Duterte when he was mayor prohibited street vendors during the day. They set up at night and close off one side of the street. I don't go there. I just wonder how true it is about the bomb.

This is Davao City, the home of President Duterte. It may be part of the rumor that there is a plot to assassinate him.

Glad to see you're safe.

Colombia had problems like this a lot. In Colombia it wasn't NPA or Abu and drug trade.

It was FARC and drug trade. Terrorists. Colombia was baaad.

Alvaro Uribe cleaned it up.

There are places you couldn't set foot in that are safe to visit now. It can be done.

Edited by Reboot
  • Like 4

DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted

I was thinking about going to Dipolog next week to see a girl for the first time.  Now I'm wondering if it's not a good time to go.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

The Department of National Defense has pointed to the Abu Sayyaf Group as the perpetrator of the deadly explosion that rocked Davao City on Friday night 

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/579981/news/nation/dnd-tags-abu-sayyaf-group-in-davao-city-blast

• Like 3

frozenmystic28
Posted
Posted

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted

Looks like Digong is going to take over and open up a can whoop ass. 

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/09/02/16/duterte-declares-state-of-lawlessness

But it's an awful convenient pretext for a power grab, ain't it?

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Of course the ASG would claim it...  If they did it or not...  It plays into their hands to spread fear...

I was reading Google news before I went to bed last night...  Apparently the military was on high alert for terrorist attack in possibly Davao, Cebu and/or Manila...

• Like 3