Who likes their food Hot? (as in temperature) Not a Whinge Really, just my thoughts and maybe I am not alone

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I like my food served hot too, and that's why we're most happy eating home made food at home. Maybe at a gathering too, there is no actual serving time, so food might sit at room temperature or get cold before everyone decides to dig in. Jack--being a slow eater might put you at a disadvantage when everyone else is chowing down. LOL 

Pancit noodles that might have been served hot and tasty have long since congealed and can't be picked up easliy. Pork dishes that already have the fat starting to solidify, are not so pleasant either. Before parties or gatherings. I always eat ahead and later just go for the finger foods like lumpia rolls or a cold macaroni salad or fruit salad.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Jack--being a slow eater might put you at a disadvantage

My middle name. :hystery:

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
Just now, Jack Peterson said:

Hahaha

Just now, Jack Peterson said:

I like my food served hot too, and that's why we're most happy eating home made food at home. Maybe at a gathering too, there is no actual serving time, so food might sit at room temperature or get cold before everyone decides to dig in. Jack--being a slow eater might put you at a disadvantage when everyone else is chowing down. LOL 

Pancit noodles that might have been served hot and tasty have long since congealed and can't be picked up easliy. Pork dishes that already have the fat starting to solidify, are not so pleasant either. Before parties or gatherings. I always eat ahead and later just go for the finger foods like lumpia rolls or a cold macaroni salad or fruit salad.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I do much of my own cooking. I will serve a meat dish at 170F degrees, everything else at or around 140F unless it is a cold dish then it's at whatever the ref is set at. In a restaurant I pick as spot where the aircon or fan is not blowing on my food. The girl who cleaned my place tried to cook for me but the chicken was raw in the center, bleeding. I like my food served hot, to me it has more flavor. If it was too hot when it got to me I can count to 100 and it will probably cool enough to start around the edges. If the hot food is served cold, you can keep counting until the heat death of the universe and it won't get any warmer. The only time I have gotten sick from food in the Philippines was when I ate some ambient temperature chicken curry at Puerto Galera pier. It tasted fine but wasn't. I notice that lots of travelers carry what I refer to as iron rations, stuff that isn't messy and will keep 48 hours or longer without refrigeration, like bread, buns or crackers/cookies. Not a bad plan. Would save you some money too.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

As the day has worn on I have gotten hungry so i thought this was AptFood.jpg

OK! OK! I know, I'm Going close the door.jpg Criskey i was just having a laugh :whistling:

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

Only me :hystery: Sometimes I get it right and Others welllllllllllllllllllll

No, not just you. Have you ever burnt water? I have. I've left water boiling and forgot about it until I wondered "what's that smell?". Boiled eggs with burnt shell on one side, for one example.

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I always eat ahead and later just go for the finger foods like lumpia rolls or a cold macaroni salad or fruit salad.

That's what I do when wife wants to eat at one of those "All you can eat" places. 

I just eat the desserts and any other foods that I find interesting. I don't like surprises. Still I get them.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

No, not just you. Have you ever burnt water? I have. I've left water boiling and forgot about it until I wondered "what's that smell?". Boiled eggs with burnt shell on one side, for one example.

I burnt the bottom out of a pot that just had water in it...  So, yeah, I really can say I burned the water...  Lol!

A for hot food hot and cold food cold? I really can relate...  Nothing worse than pizza without hot peppers..!  :hystery:. Even McD had that "HFH - CFC" for a slogan and a burger a few years back...  They ended up dropping it pretty quick...  

:mocking:

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, i am bob said:

A for hot food hot and cold food cold? I really can relate.

Exactly and what is pizza without lotsa cheese. 

• Like 2