4 minutes ago, robert k said:

the front one had a headlight only, the rear had a tail light only

AH! a Bike train:hystery:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, robert k said:

I actually have seen motorcycles in the Philippines that have lights, not all of the lights of course, some have a headlight and some have a tail light. I saw a chain of motorcycle on the Valencia highway, the front one had a headlight only, the rear had a tail light only and the three between had no lights.

Out on Samar, it is not uncommon to see a jeepney with NO lights and a guy on top with a flash light / torch. The real danger is when coming up from behind and there is oncoming traffic, their headlights blind you enough as to make the vehicle you are coming up on (no tail lights) not visible until you are very close.  

An issue with motorcycles there and replacing the head light bulb with the dimmest bulb available due to a misconception that it will save gas. There are NO tow trucks on Samar that I know of. So a wrecked vehicle may sit for months or years along the roadside. If it is a bus or commercial vehicle, the owners will send mechanics to strip the vehicle of all usable parts. There are large tow trucks in Tacloban, but I have no idea as to the cost to come up into Samar to get a vehicle.

The pics below are of 3 different wrecks I saw earlier this year. The forth pic is of me and my 3 brides.... The more tanduay they drink... the more appealing I become!    

IMG_4274.JPG

IMG_4426.JPG

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4497.JPG

• Like 4