American CPA 25+ yrs experience looking for job

Ericw
Posted
Posted (edited)

hello.    My name is Eric.

I am from the United States, Wisconsin.    My Filipino wife and I moved here to Cebu, Philippines, after we got married in the U. S.    We have a 2 year old daughter, Abby, and a 1 year old son, Zach.   Much of the pension that I cashed out and brought here has been swindled and stolen.   So to make ends meet, I am hoping to find a job.   Hopefully something in an area where I have my experience and education in, which is accounting/finance/business.    I will greatly appreciate any help that you could give me in helping me to find a good job where I can make sure that I can support my family.   I am very qualified and will do a great job for someone in any of the areas where I am experienced.   I will give my experience below, and attach my resume/CV.    Thank you. :::::

I am an expert in all aspects of accounting/finance/audit/budget/management, with 25+ years of outstanding professional
experience.   And for companies wanting to hire someone with credentials of being a Certified Public Accountant  (CPA).

I am very well qualified as you can see from my cover letter and CV/resume.   I am just hoping for a good job to help make ends meet.   I am from the united states, but am currently in the Philippines with my Filipino wife and our 2 children.    I would only ask this because I have over 25+ years of outstanding experience to qualify me for management level jobs in all areas of finance, accounting, audit, budget, treasury, and related areas.

I promise you that you will not find a more qualified, honest, and dedicated person.

I am an American.    I am a citizen of the United States.    I was born and raised in the Midwest
of the United States. 

I have gained valuable experience as a Financial Manager with the United States Department of Transportation, and also as a Finance Director/Treasurer;   as a CFO,  as an Audit Manager with the government department of revenue, and as a CPA Firm Auditor.  I am an accounting professional and experienced manager who has an excellent understanding of all aspects of auditing, accounting, budgeting, finance, ERP, spreadsheeting, contract management, supervision and
taxation laws and issues.

I look forward to talking to you soon to discuss.

thank you very much.

-  eric               

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
removed attachment and private info

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hi

Changed your display name as you can not use an email address there. Also removed personal info and attachment. New members should not join this forum for the sole purpose of using this forum for self gain. 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ericwj1@yahoo.com said:

I am an accounting professional and experienced manager who has an excellent understanding of all aspects of auditing, accounting, budgeting, finance, ERP, spreadsheeting, contract management, supervision and
taxation laws and issues.

Very good and I wish you well but are you a Permanent Resident ie; 13a Visa?

Do you have any prospective employers lined up for the Work permit road.

Many/Most of your attributes although good for the US may not be so acceptable here. Tax etc.

You say to support your family but the salary is not going to be to your Liking and may not cover your needs.

I say  all this because I am married to a Filipino CPA

Best of luck my Friend:thumbsup:

Ooops nearly forgot, The language Barrier? They will all say they speak English but many Won't

Jack:smile:

Morning All:morning1:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a Little
  • Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

Hmmmm

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Hmmmm

:hystery:  :SugarwareZ-004:

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Ericw said:

Much of the pension that I cashed out and brought here has been swindled and stolen.

You have my empathy.  However it is easier to learn to tighten one's belt and live on what is left than to strive to replace what is lost.  

Perhaps you can find a niche, such as starting your own business preparing expat income taxes?  I only suggest it.  I have not researched the market.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Ericw said:

I have over 25+ years of outstanding experience to qualify me for management level jobs in all areas of finance, accounting, audit, budget, treasury, and related areas.

4 hours ago, Ericw said:

I am an expert in all aspects of accounting/finance/audit/budget/management, with 25+ years of outstanding professional
experience.   And for companies wanting to hire someone with credentials of being a Certified Public Accountant  (CPA).

4 hours ago, Ericw said:

Much of the pension that I cashed out and brought here has been swindled and stolen.

The last quote does not fit well with the first two but anyway good luck. :tiphat:

• Like 5

DavidK
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The last quote does not fit well with the first two but anyway good luck. :tiphat:

That struck me straight off as well. If someone can't look after their own money I'm not sure I'd want them looking after mine!

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted

If you could find a local job, even with your experience, you won't make very much. I suggest you find a way to use your skills as a consultant, tax preparer, etc. over the internet for US customers. Best of luck.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

I suggest teaching English in Korea or Thailand and commuting back and forth to the Philippines on a Budget Airline. I think you will be better off.

You are not the only one who has been scammed or been a victim of estafa. Most of the members here are older and have pensions coming in. Which maybe you do not.

The other reality is that if you are young enough you probably should go back to the USA and return to work.

• Like 2