American CPA 25+ yrs experience looking for job

robert k
Posted
Posted

I think if you can get back to the US and rebuild some nest egg, you will be better off in the end. I wish I could see something that would work better.

• Like 1

Ericw
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DavidK said:

That struck me straight off as well. If someone can't look after their own money I'm not sure I'd want them looking after mine!

Hello.   I'm not asking you to look after your money.   I'm married.....you MUST be divorced.  My wife wanted to start businesses with her family.   so to keep marriage together, we moved here, and some times husbands give in maybe more then they should.  but I am married with 2 kids.   I'm not dying ok, I'm just asking if any other americans know of any company that wants a QUALIFIED CPA.   I was graded as "excellent" as a united states government employee for over 20 years.   so I'm NOT an idiot, and I am NOT asking for handout.  I thought this site was to help out fellow foreingers/americans.    some "people" like you just enjoy insulting other people.   sad.  I thought this site was to support fellow forieners/americans.    wow.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Ericw said:

I thought this site was to support fellow forieners/americans.    wow.

The thing is perhaps you should have joined this site well before you seem to have lost your money so that maybe you might have known a bit before you found yourself in this situation. 

• Like 1

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

The best possible advice has been provided. Face the facts, Ericw.

• Like 2

Ericw
Posted
Posted

thank you for your helpful and decent opinion.   I was unaware of all the swindlers here.  nothing like the u.s.    and yes, I am not like many of the older (and maybe meaner pension drawers).  I am not young, but after I had 20 yrs government experience, I was able to "cash it out" and let my wife and I move here to try it out.  most important was to keep marriage with 2 kids.   thanks for your thoughts.

Ericw
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The thing is perhaps you should have joined this site well before you seem to have lost your money so that maybe you might have known a bit before you found yourself in this situation. 

I was JUST TOLD about this site ok.   no crystal ball is owned by me.   I DID NOT KNOW of this site.   I looked for helpful sites for fellow forieners/americans, but could not find any.   but by reading many comments, it does not seem that this site wants to offer decent advice to fellow forieners/americans any way.   its very easy to critize and insult.  if I knew many of these peoples history, I thimk I could find LOTS to insult them on!.   but WHY???   I thought we should HELP each other, instead of being mean!@!@@!@ and insulting each other.  we are all forieners here.  why not help each other.....!

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Ericw said:

thank you for your helpful and decent opinion.   I was unaware of all the swindlers here.  nothing like the u.s.    and yes, I am not like many of the older (and maybe meaner pension drawers).  I am not young, but after I had 20 yrs government experience, I was able to "cash it out" and let my wife and I move here to try it out.  most important was to keep marriage with 2 kids.   thanks for your thoughts.

Listen, let's get things in perspective. As owner of this forum normally I would just delete your topic as it is basicly advertising and to pay the cost of running the forum we need income and what you did was post a resume, phone number and email address which broke every rule in the book and not just on this forum but most. So on this occasion I allowed most of your first post as I understand you like most have issues in life. We as a group are not out to get you but it is easy for us to shake our heads as to why we are even discussing this.

Mistakes have been made so be it. Let's move on from that and I hope in some way we can help you.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Ericw said:

we are all forieners here.  why not help each other.....!

We do but you went about it all the wrong way. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Ericw said:

it does not seem that this site wants to offer decent advice to fellow forieners/americans any way

We love to give advice.  It is extremely helpful when the one seeking advice is open minded and comes looking for advice before making his decisions.  Otherwise, its not advice so much as looking for ways to close the barn door after the horse has escaped.  Not much that can be done at that point except to explain that not much can be done.

• Like 2

Reboot
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Ericw said:

hello.    My name is Eric.

I am from the United States, Wisconsin.    My Filipino wife and I moved here to Cebu, Philippines, after we got married in the U. S.    We have a 2 year old daughter, Abby, and a 1 year old son, Zach.   Much of the pension that I cashed out and brought here has been swindled and stolen.   So to make ends meet, I am hoping to find a job.   Hopefully something in an area where I have my experience and education in, which is accounting/finance/business.    I will greatly appreciate any help that you could give me in helping me to find a good job where I can make sure that I can support my family.   I am very qualified and will do a great job for someone in any of the areas where I am experienced.   I will give my experience below, and attach my resume/CV.    Thank you. :::::

I am an expert in all aspects of accounting/finance/audit/budget/management, with 25+ years of outstanding professional
experience.   And for companies wanting to hire someone with credentials of being a Certified Public Accountant  (CPA).

I am very well qualified as you can see from my cover letter and CV/resume.   I am just hoping for a good job to help make ends meet.   I am from the united states, but am currently in the Philippines with my Filipino wife and our 2 children.    I would only ask this because I have over 25+ years of outstanding experience to qualify me for management level jobs in all areas of finance, accounting, audit, budget, treasury, and related areas.

I promise you that you will not find a more qualified, honest, and dedicated person.

I am an American.    I am a citizen of the United States.    I was born and raised in the Midwest
of the United States. 

I have gained valuable experience as a Financial Manager with the United States Department of Transportation, and also as a Finance Director/Treasurer;   as a CFO,  as an Audit Manager with the government department of revenue, and as a CPA Firm Auditor.  I am an accounting professional and experienced manager who has an excellent understanding of all aspects of auditing, accounting, budgeting, finance, ERP, spreadsheeting, contract management, supervision and
taxation laws and issues.

I look forward to talking to you soon to discuss.

thank you very much.

-  eric               

I would like to find a tax preparer for next year.