fast free internet

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Reboot said:

Hopefully good internet service where I choose to stay...so I can I can still perform my professional duties and be able to extend that stay.

The condo booked through airbnb.com is cheaper than most hotels and has the use of a LTE pocket wifi which is working fine for me. May be worth your while in buying one of these gadgets if you are frequently here in da Phils.

• Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The condo booked through airbnb.com is cheaper than most hotels and has the use of a LTE pocket wifi which is working fine for me. May be worth your while in buying one of these gadgets if you are frequently here in da Phils.

Glad you made it safely to Cebu - I should be there in few weeks (will pm you when I know exact dates).

I picked up a Huwei pocket wifi about 2-3 years ago and it works great there. At the time it cost a bit more then then the LTE capable offerings from either Smart or Globe, but what sold me on it was that I could use it in almost any country.

Even just traveling around Cebu I found that in some places reception was better with Globe as opposed to Smart and visa versa, so I would just switch SIM cards as needed. However, generally speaking I got bettter reception and speed with Smart in and around Cebu City proper (except sometimes at Ayala - but they're in bed with Globe so I wouldn't be surprised if they try to block Smart's signal). 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Glad you have finally made it JGF.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

/What was the deal for your condo? Details if you don't mind.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, mogo51 said:

/What was the deal for your condo? Details if you don't mind.

This one was $36 au a night. Remembering its short term but better than most extraordinary hotel rates in this city. 

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the Air BNB report and congrats on the move. Hope all goes well.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Moved on to city suites towers on F Ramos, private condo. Sky broadband

skybroardband.jpg

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Moved on to city suites towers on F Ramos, private condo. Sky broadband

skybroardband.jpg

That's great but lets see what happens if your move to a province:shades:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

That's great but lets see what happens if your move to a province:shades:

I have no doubt that the province is different but I have seen on this forum and others when someone ask about internet to work from home and most say you wont find good speeds but so far at least in Cebu I think that is incorrect these days. Of Course it might depend on what part of the city one is living.