Western Attraction Techniques on Filipinas...

bows00
Posted
Posted

During my course of work, I have to frequently travel to Guam for work, and I have a long time friend that travels with me.  While there, we enjoy having drinks at the bars where there are (American, Chinese, Taipei, Local) women to socialize with.

Now I have noticed that my friend has a unique ability to attract women - and it is not about his looks.  He has this confident, care free and fun attitude and has the ability to say things that can get under their skin.  He never pays them any compliments either.  He is everything but nice.  In fact there are times when he can be a bit obnoxious, to the point he pisses them off at times by saying things like "are you a lady-boy?".  But he is like a magnet, they keep returning for more and he has made many friends.  I just can't explain it. 

Now I also understand that Filipina's are a bit different.  Or are they?  I wonder if my friend would be just as successful with Filipinas...

• Like 1

DavidK
Posted
Posted

So long as he can open his wallet he should be a big hit...............

• Like 5

davewe
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, bows00 said:

During my course of work, I have to frequently travel to Guam for work, and I have a long time friend that travels with me.  While there, we enjoy having drinks at the bars where there are (American, Chinese, Taipei, Local) women to socialize with.

Now I have noticed that my friend has a unique ability to attract women - and it is not about his looks.  He has this confident, care free and fun attitude and has the ability to say things that can get under their skin.  He never pays them any compliments either.  He is everything but nice.  In fact there are times when he can be a bit obnoxious, to the point he pisses them off at times by saying things like "are you a lady-boy?".  But he is like a magnet, they keep returning for more and he has made many friends.  I just can't explain it. 

Now I also understand that Filipina's are a bit different.  Or are they?  I wonder if my friend would be just as successful with Filipinas...

What you are describing is what has become standard pickup/PUA (pick up artist) techniques in the West, which often rely on playful insults. This is sort of meant to compensate for the current innate advantage women have over men in Western dating cultures. Cut 'em down to size, so to speak.

I don't think that technique will work with Filipinas who will be offended and don't understand sarcasm. However, the overall confidence will work; he'd just have to tone down on the insults.

• Like 1

bows00
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, davewe said:

I don't think that technique will work with Filipinas who will be offended and don't understand sarcasm. However, the overall confidence will work; he'd just have to tone down on the insults.

Based on my limited experience with Filipina's, this was also my gut instinct on this.  There are cultural differences there where the western sarcasm's would be taken the wrong way. 

Good feedback guys. 

• Like 3

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think there's certainly some hidden thing that women see. I've said things to women that have had my friends cringing. Even the women after I've got to know them commented on it but laughed. I'm never offensive but I do push my luck at times. One of my friends even asked one women why she never slapped me and she said "he's funny and has a friendly face." It's the old saying " A good diplomat can tell you to fu@@ off in such a way you're looking forward to the journey."

That said women do love a bad lad. Whether it's cave man instinct that tells them he can look after them better or whether they see it as a challenge and they try to convince themselves that they'll be the one to change him I don't know. All I do know is I've seen plenty of nice guys lose out to guys I class as vermin. It's a bit of the x factor. Some people just have a way of carrying themselves that makes them stick out.

• Like 3