My first stop by Pulysa

ITGeek
Posted
Posted

My asawa at ko were heading back from Robinson's mall in Cabanatuan and I got lost.  I knew way home but street was very created so I took next street.  About half-way down I realized it was one way street.  I get to end and trafiic enforces say "one way".  To top it off, both me and asawa weren't wearing helmets, (dealer supplied too small for my big noggin).

So running through my mind is how much is the bribe going to be.  Fortuantely, my asawa talked to head enforcer and explained situation, didn't see sign and we were lost.  She mentioned she has cousin in Talavera who is PNP.  Me, I just played dumb foreign tourist and showed him my CA CDL.

Scooter didn't have plates from LTO yet and she was able to talk us out of situation.  She told me they can confiscate plate and LTO license for months, have to go to LTO to pay fine to get them back.

Such a relief, all the whole time I was wondering how much bribe to give LTO supervisor, but he nice and gave us right directions and scolded me for not wearing helmet.  I explained helmet at dealership was too small for me and we were waiting for it at dealership.

Whew dodged a bullet there :SugarwareZ-037:

Then next day we went to Bolinao, then learned they have 5.8M earthquake there.  Seems like disaster follows me around.  I'm ok as along as it keep missing me. :smile:

\

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted

300 is the standard fee to be sent on your way without confiscation of license or rego.

It is wrong. But you better pay that rather than have to go to the police station later. And in that case you will still pay a fine.

A traffic enforcer has a target per day and they will split off with whoever is the head. To get appointed in a lucrative area like around Intramuros (DOI), the recruit can pay up to 100k for his initial appointment. Pays off too as the earnings are higher than the monthly salary.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, chris49 said:

300 is the standard fee to be sent on your way without confiscation of license or rego

But once you pay the "standard fee" Geek don't complain about corruption here in the Philippines because you will then be part of the problem. :whistling:

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scott h said:

But once you pay the "standard fee" Geek don't complain about corruption here in the Philippines because you will then be part of the problem. :whistling:

Honestly Scott have you ever paid a "standard fee" or an express fee? :whistling:

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
57 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

Honestly Scott have you ever paid a "standard fee" or an express fee? :whistling:

Oh, you bet I have, and got a receipt that reflected it :smile: .

57 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

express fee?

Swerving off topic a bit, I too got miffed at the "express fee" and inquired about it. It is a surcharge to pay overtime so government employees will not take the infamous  of the "noontime break".

A lot it makes sense really if we remember that while they speak English here, like us Yanks, they use words differently. For example, to mean tax amnesty tells me if your late you can pay without penalty. Here it means if you pay early you get a discount.:thumbsup:

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/5/2016 at 2:07 PM, chris49 said:

300 is the standard fee to be sent on your way without confiscation of license or rego.

It is wrong. But you better pay that rather than have to go to the police station later. And in that case you will still pay a fine.

A traffic enforcer has a target per day and they will split off with whoever is the head. To get appointed in a lucrative area like around Intramuros (DOI), the recruit can pay up to 100k for his initial appointment. Pays off too as the earnings are higher than the monthly salary.

That sounds like Manila Metro but is it that way in Vigan?  I don't think so much of that goes on here in Olongapo / SBFZ.  I see real tickets being written quite often.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/5/2016 at 7:56 PM, scott h said:

Swerving off topic a bit, I too got miffed at the "express fee" and inquired about it. It is a surcharge to pay overtime so government employees will not take the infamous  of the "noontime break".

I wonder if that is what it is at BI too???

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I got a parking ticket Thursday.  It was left on my windshield.  When I got home, my wife said "did they take your plates?" so I ran out and checked.  They were still there.  I guess in some places they will remove them and you can pick them up when you pay up.

I was guilty but still was a bit pissed.  I don't park inconsiderately like so many do, blocking traffic.  A few days ago, on a two lane road with lots of (slow) traffic, a guy going the opposite direction as I was swerved into my lane, double parked in front of me, and jumped out his car.  They just don't care.  That would be a major road rage incident in the U.S.

I parked on a small bridge (behind another offender) because there was road construction on both sides of the 50 foot bridge, causing a loss of all parking.  A big pile of gravel was already blocking the right lane and I parked about 30 feet in front of it.

The ticket is a general use ticket with many tick boxes.  See below.  Mine were "obstructing traffic" and "illegal parking".  Some of the others are hilarious, considering what goes on, on the road!  There is a guy in SBFZ who drives a bright fluorescent orange Ford F150 and I am going to recommend him for a "body color" ticket!

What was funny was the fine.  On the back of the ticket it had the fines for 1st, 2nd and 3rd offense.  I guess that applies to all of these??  First:  p100  Second:  p100  Third: I forgot to look.  It took my wife less than 10 minutes to pay my fine on Friday.  No express fee, just p100 :smile:

Fullscreen capture 10102016 121130 AM.jpg

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I wonder if that is what it is at BI too???

That is where I asked the question and got the answer that I did. Got friendly with a BI employee, seems like an up front guy so I believe him.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, scott h said:

That is where I asked the question and got the answer that I did. Got friendly with a BI employee, seems like an up front guy so I believe him.

Ah, ok, I misunderstood you to be talking about a ticket related express fee.

That's a lot of lunch money!

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 3