My first stop by Pulysa

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, OnMyWay said:

Ah, ok, I misunderstood you to be talking about a ticket related express fee.

Ya, my bad, sometimes meanings get skewed on the forum, its not like we are chatting over the back fence lololol. My gut feeling is though that (and its only an impression) is that the term express fee, holds true across the board. 

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I got a parking ticket Thursday.  It was left on my windshield.  When I got home, my wife said "did they take your plates?" so I ran out and checked.  They were still there.  I guess in some places they will remove them and you can pick them up when you pay up.

I was guilty but still was a bit pissed.  I don't park inconsiderately like so many do, blocking traffic.  A few days ago, on a two lane road with lots of (slow) traffic, a guy going the opposite direction as I was swerved into my lane, double parked in front of me, and jumped out his car.  They just don't care.  That would be a major road rage incident in the U.S.

I parked on a small bridge (behind another offender) because there was road construction on both sides of the 50 foot bridge, causing a loss of all parking.  A big pile of gravel was already blocking the right lane and I parked about 30 feet in front of it.

The ticket is a general use ticket with many tick boxes.  See below.  Mine were "obstructing traffic" and "illegal parking".  Some of the others are hilarious, considering what goes on, on the road!  There is a guy in SBFZ who drives a bright fluorescent orange Ford F150 and I am going to recommend him for a "body color" ticket!

What was funny was the fine.  On the back of the ticket it had the fines for 1st, 2nd and 3rd offense.  I guess that applies to all of these??  First:  p100  Second:  p100  Third: I forgot to look.  It took my wife less than 10 minutes to pay my fine on Friday.  No express fee, just p100 :smile:

Fullscreen capture 10102016 121130 AM.jpg

I wish that is all I had to pay.

Not to hijack this thread but on a related parking ticket issue for comparison.  Last December we needed to to go to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC to renew my daughter and wife’s passport and obtain my 13a visa.  I parked in a nearby street meter parking.  Fed the meter and watched the time.  The embassy was very busy and had to return several times to feed the meter and then when leaving, and arriving back at our car, discovered we were less than 10 minutes late,….fine $100.00   Two weeks later returned again to the embassy and after another wait, I watched the meter and time very closely.  My meter never expired this time.  But returning to the car another ticket for parking past 4PM on this street that was not posted near my parking space. fine $100.00 again!  Anyway, I guess my point is, I’d gladly pay fines here of a few hundred pesos.  Just always remembering the fines back home.

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, intrepid said:

The embassy was very busy and had to return several times to feed the meter

Sorry to add to this little bit of Off topic but it was a good job you were not in the UK, Feeding the meter during your stay is an offence and the fine for that is high and could result in a Tow away

Jack, :mellow:

Morning All.:morning1:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, intrepid said:

I wish that is all I had to pay.

Not to hijack this thread but on a related parking ticket issue for comparison.  Last December we needed to to go to the Philippine Embassy in Washington DC to renew my daughter and wife’s passport and obtain my 13a visa.  I parked in a nearby street meter parking.  Fed the meter and watched the time.  The embassy was very busy and had to return several times to feed the meter and then when leaving, and arriving back at our car, discovered we were less than 10 minutes late,….fine $100.00   Two weeks later returned again to the embassy and after another wait, I watched the meter and time very closely.  My meter never expired this time.  But returning to the car another ticket for parking past 4PM on this street that was not posted near my parking space. fine $100.00 again!  Anyway, I guess my point is, I’d gladly pay fines here of a few hundred pesos.  Just always remembering the fines back home.

Save the meter change and walking and just pay the ticket?

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I don't understand the logic of taking your plates.  LTO never gave me any plates in the first place.  I had to get some made up.  If anyone took or stole my plates or if they even fell off I would just pay another 200 to get new plates made up.  I haven't had an annual sticker in a couple of years because they are always out of stock and when I get stopped at check stops there is never a comment made about that.

What I would worry about is having my motorcycle confiscated.  That is what they did to me when I could not produce a driver's license (left it at home) and what they did to a friend when he could not produce official receipt (he hadn't made annual registration fee).

So the thought of having plates confiscated is new and gives me a chuckle.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

So the thought of having plates confiscated is new and gives me a chuckle.

Well Dave the silly Bill's are under the Impression that you wont Ride the bike Without them :hystery:

Forgetting a few 000's Bikes all over, are being ridden with no plates anyway:shades:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Guess going rate depends, location and what your riding driving, I mean the enforcer is unlikely to expect the same from a local whom maybe on some old motor compared to a long nose in a late model car.

Few months ago I was chased by an officer, siren and flashing lights in mandaue.  Thought I had robbed a bank, after berating me in busaya for 5 minutes a crowd gathered. He motioned me to move to another area, after a short time  and some threats it was pretty obvious what he wanted, anything less than P500 was not enough, cheap enough rather than go through the hoops. I was driving the car, yes late model. Once funds received he could not of been nicer, even had a few words of English.

chris49
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

That sounds like Manila Metro but is it that way in Vigan?  I don't think so much of that goes on here in Olongapo / SBFZ.  I see real tickets being written quite often.

Actually it does not apply here.

Gina has been stopped for a license check once or twice in 5 years. It's a local thing. They told her she gets "consideration" for her first time.

That kind of thing would not fly at all here as most of the people are known or even relatives of the police.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 10/10/2016 at 11:39 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

What I would worry about is having my motorcycle confiscated.  That is what they did to me when I could not produce a driver's license (left it at home) and what they did to a friend when he could not produce official receipt (he hadn't made annual registration fee).

I saw them doing a mass bike / scooter inspection in Olongapo during morning rush, a few weeks ago.  They had a large flat bed truck half filled when I went by.  It had a small crane on it but most bikes are so small here that they just have two guys lift them up.

chris49
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I saw them doing a mass bike / scooter inspection in Olongapo during morning rush, a few weeks ago.  They had a large flat bed truck half filled when I went by.  It had a small crane on it but most bikes are so small here that they just have two guys lift them up.

Let's face it. A certain number of motor bikes don't have any documentation of either title or rego papers. Even here in the far north a number of bikes have been stolen from Metro Manila or other major city and brought here for sale. The going rate is around 20 k for a new bike with a sticker price of around 60 k.

So I think if driving an illegal bike there would be no pay off. Pay off is for trivial offenses like no seat beat.

Don. Within the Subic Economic Zone I think they have cameras at every intersection or light. As I recall once they get your plate number you are stopped before you exit the zone. Fine is applied on the spot.