My first stop by Pulysa

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, chris49 said:

Within the Subic Economic Zone I think they have cameras at every intersection or light. As I recall once they get your plate number you are stopped before you exit the zone. Fine is applied on the spot.

No, they are not that sophisticated.  I'm not aware of any traffic enforcement cameras in the zone.  The best they could do is if a traffic officer observes a violation and can't stop the vehicle, he would radio the officer at the next intersection to make a stop.  However, there are only a few places where that would work well.

• 3 months later...
banyanman
Posted
Posted
On 10/5/2016 at 2:07 PM, chris49 said:

A traffic enforcer has a target per day and they will split off with whoever is the head. To get appointed in a lucrative area like around Intramuros (DOI), the recruit can pay up to 100k for his initial appointment. Pays off too as the earnings are higher than the monthly salary.

Wow, I never knew that. Explains why I have been stopped several times near Intramuros, and why the traffic enforcers there are so aggressive.

There's a spot along Taft Avenue just past Manila City Hall (heading north) and just before the Lawton Park N' Ride where you fork right to go over the Quezon Bridge to Quiapo. It's difficult to stay in the right hand lanes there because of the congestion caused by jeepneys picking up passengers, so most drivers fork right from the third lane - which technically should not be a problem if you indicate that you are changing lanes - but twice I've been pulled over there for 'swerving'. Now when I drive along that road I stay in the second lane - even if it means getting stuck behind a jeepney for a few minutes - and watch other drivers being pulled over every few minutes of the day. At 500p per stop, the traffic enforcers must be making a fortune at that junction!

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

The joys of metro Manila.

• Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

IT Geek,  I can sympathize about going down the wrong way. Aside from that though that it seems like you had a lot of legal violations going on there, in spite of your justifications. If you got a standard fee it would seem fair, because many a Filipino gets tickets for even one of those violations.

I've not heard of any standard bribe here in Cebu. For a minor issue like going down a wrong road, usually courtesy and when they ask you where you live, it helps to mention someone that they might know that could possibly improve your situation.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

We have to ask ourselves but 1 (one question) Did we break the Particular law (Rule we are being cited For)? :huh: We can all moan about the Enforcers to no great effect but the old adage is there "No smoke without Fire" 

Break a Rule and we have gone looking for them if they are around:shades:

Edited by Jack Peterson
added a little
  • Like 4