A fly in the SS payment ointment....

earthdome
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, robert k said:

If you can refute my facts then do so.

It appears you have mistaken my intent which was to demonstrate that someone legally entitled to be in the US would receive treatment at a hospital.

You can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

Bruce. the OP brought up Medicare and part B. I was merely making the point that if in extremis if you were able to go back to the US you would be treated at a hospital whether you had Medicare part B or not.

I could try to explain it to you more. What I can't do is understand it for you.

You are the one who asserted something you stated is a "fact" therefor it is up to you to provide the proof that your assertions are fact. You specifically mentioned illegal immigrant's and terrorist's which made your statement political.

Perhaps if you were just a little bit more condescending I would understand.

Here is a link I found to a document regarding requirements to provide care by non profit hospitals.

If I were an expat I would not rely on charity from non profit hospitals for medical care back in the USA. In that respect I think you are providing poor advice.

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, earthdome said:

You are the one who asserted something you stated is a "fact" therefor it is up to you to provide the proof that your assertions are fact. You specifically mentioned illegal immigrant's and terrorist's which made your statement political.

Perhaps if you were just a little bit more condescending I would understand.

Here is a link I found to a document regarding requirements to provide care by non profit hospitals.

If I were an expat I would not rely on charity from non profit hospitals for medical care back in the USA. In that respect I think you are providing poor advice.

Excellent link. I certainly can't argue with that. :hystery:

Edited by robert k

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, robert k said:

Excellent link. I certainly can't argue with that. :hystery:

Hah. You got that right! Here is the link:

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/finance/health-reforms-new-charity-care-requirements-for-hospitals-achieving-compliance-to-avoid-penalities.html

robert k
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, earthdome said:

That link doesn't mention anywhere that you would not receive treatment. You're reaching.

earthdome
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, robert k said:

That link doesn't mention anywhere that you would not receive treatment. You're reaching.

Please... you asserted that you can receive free medical care in the US. You made the assertion... you prove it.

The document I linked to showed that all a non profit hospital HAS to do is provide emergency care until the patient is stable. And may have to provide some charity services in order to maintain their non profit status. You are misleading people by claiming there is free medical care in the US if you just show up at a hospital.

I have proved my point and provided info so others reading this thread will not be mislead by your statement. 

Are you trolling me now?

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, earthdome said:

Are you trolling me now?

I considered asking you the same thing but I give people the benefit of a doubt that they might genuinely disagree.