Best in Dumagete

Domino22
Posted
Posted

What would be your top 3 restaurants in Dumagete? Regardless of cost. I am trying to plan my first three nights before I head out.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Domino22 said:

What would be your top 3 restaurants in Dumagete? Regardless of cost. I am trying to plan my first three nights before I head out.

For me, as a newbie to Dumaguete I would stay on the boulevard where you will find;  

1. Casablanca.

2. CoCo Amigos.

3 Whynot  but there are many more on the the boulevard

Honeycombe, Bogarts, Sans Rival & heaps more there are a couple of Slightly upper class  but i am not too keen As you walk around you will come across many places to eat but of course it all depends on your likings , they all offer similar menus with additions, so for me come Eat and Explore, eating in Dumaguete is easy, but I think a Boots on the Ground job will be best.

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All:morning1:

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Gee going to get some flack here but ..........

Seems to be a strange kind of obsession with Dumaguete by many and mostly new arrivals. As I have stated many times, it's totally over crowded, traffic is deployable and dangerous, crime is as bad as anywhere. Beggars are everywhere. Why this Obsession?  Many forums are full of Dumaguete Dumaguete.....perhaps better brains than mine  can explain, or is it having lived there back around doing 2000 I remember the old Dumaguete.

Agree the boulevard is nice although stinky at mid and low tide, some great restos, and nature in surrounding Mt Talinos is awesome to say the least. Still there are so many lovely quieter small cities here, Bawawan is one that was recently mentioned. At least it has a lovely long beach with fabulous sun sets and beach bars.

Not everybody likes to live in a city that is over flowing with expats such as Dumaguete is, some of which do nothing more than give us all a bad name. 

Anybody considering a move there may like to first spend time looking around other similar sized cities before putting  roots down.

Well that's my rant today, heading  there tomorrow, but business not pleasure, better places to go (except Valencia and surrounding areas)

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted

One problem would be that different tastes and another problem is that some places have one item that is good but there isn't anything else they serve that I would eat. I can wholeheartedly endorse True Love Cafe (excellent food but spicy) on the south side of town, the Chicken at D&C Chicken downtown and Hayahay (good food and ambiance). Honorable mention for Jo's Chicken by the Sea north of Sibulan. Food is fair and ambiance is better. D&C  (more of a lunch place to me) has been known to sell out of chicken because it is good, so be warned. I guess you should be warned that just about all places will run out of what is supposed to be on the menu but often that is incompetence and not because the food was that great. I walk out when this happens and go someplace else and have the thing I like best on their menu.

• Like 2

Domino22
Posted
Posted

Well why I asked was because I will be in Dumagete for three nights when I arrive. I need to pick up my rental bike and a friend of a friend is picking me up at the airport. I have setup some meetings with people that live there "relatives" of my friend. I have no fascination with this town, I was there 10 years ago diving and that sea wall had a ways to go before being finished. My flight arrives there and I am staying in Dauin at a dive resort but not diving this trip. I will circle the island on the bike and make a trip over to Sigiour for 2 day one night trip. Then end up back on "Negros" where I am not sure. 

Now for the food question I have been to Hayahay I took the two girls who worked at the resort I stayed at there and a couple of other places I do not remember where now. Those little girls can pack it away when someone else is paying the bill! All was good and they were great to hang out with. So I was asking ahead of time about the food so I have an idea of where to go thats all. Why go some place and experiment if you folks can point me to a decent place thats all I was asking for.

This is my third trip over and just want to explore around and see if I can find a place I like when I retire. I have till June 2018 give or take. That said when I do make the move I will remain mobile for at least two years. Too many islands to see and visit so it will be me and the bike and it will all fit on the bike. And thanks to all of you who have given me answers to my questions. Jimmy

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Domino22 said:

I took the two girls who worked at the resort I stayed at there and a couple of other places

Ahh that makes a difference.  If you are taking a local girl on a date you may want to try Lantaw on that night.

• Like 1

Domino22
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Ahh that makes a difference.  If you are taking a local girl on a date you may want to try Lantaw on that night.

Well I had two would that still work?

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Domino22 said:

Well I had two would that still work?

Greedy :shades:

• Like 1

davewe
Posted
Posted
On 10/7/2016 at 6:20 PM, Jack Peterson said:

For me, as a newbie to Dumaguete I would stay on the boulevard where you will find;  

1. Casablanca.

2. CoCo Amigos.

3 Whynot  but there are many more on the the boulevard

Honeycombe, Bogarts, Sans Rival & heaps more there are a couple of Slightly upper class  but i am not too keen As you walk around you will come across many places to eat but of course it all depends on your likings , they all offer similar menus with additions, so for me come Eat and Explore, eating in Dumaguete is easy, but I think a Boots on the Ground job will be best.

Jack:thumbsup:

Morning All:morning1:

In addition to these, we liked Mooon Cafe and Pasta King. Kamalig has excellent and cheap Filipino food - my wife would have eaten there daily if I'd have agreed.

• Like 3

Domino22
Posted
Posted

Well at least you have given me a place to start. Thanks 26 days to go.