Obligations to our Filipino wives!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

:89: I was not quite sure where to put this but as it looks as if in one case it may go to litigation, here seems the right place. We often (as foreigners) complain and moan about the need to justify ourselves, well in the case at large on this one we have to . We do in certain things  have to prove we can support our ladies ( and Quite rightly so I feel) 

The Family Code tells us that we must provide for our wives and children ( If any)

So the case as in another Topic it matters not if the wife has a rich family or cash of her own, we often say do we not? 'I married her not the family' My point being, if a wife thinks you are not giving her enough then you leave Surely she has a recourse to go to a Court, We may not like this as in the Case of the other Thread but the fact is, It sounds like the Wife thinks she has been hard done by. 'Shutting the Stable door when the Horse has bolted' is not always going to work. I am not too sure where I am going on this but I just know there will be plenty said :mellow: We have an Obligation here as we would in our Country to maintain our Wives. If they think we are not, then it is no wonder when Mud starts getting thrown money will come into it.  That's life! Now this is why those sometimes Needless (We think) Questions are asked, prove you have enough means to support your Wife. Seems that some don't and then moan after.

When I had to report some things on this it was accepted and now no point me saying I did not have enough cos they knew I did. So absolutely no point me even trying to Duck and Dive the Situation. I have and still know men that have done this, Run and then are stopped from Leaving the Country because they got fed up with the marriage never remembering that we do have an Obligation and with a No Divorce Country who knows how long the Alimony/maintenance will go on for,

Moral, Money and Women, :hystery:don't mix

Edited by Jack Peterson
Spelling

DavidK
Posted
Posted

Generally speaking money and women mix only too well. Trouble is the mix is so strong it tends to stick in their hands not yours.

• Like 5

mogo51
Posted
Posted

I rely on a government pension from my country in the main.  I have never pretended to my SO about my financial position.  If she thought she was on a financial winner, then it was not from lack of information from me.  But I know she understands where we are at and I have always been upfront in that regard.

But she is still here and we live a reasonable standard of life.  When I check out she will get what is left over.\ But also, my obligations do not include here family and that was made totally clear when we got together.  That is just my position.

If we split, I would feel no obligation to continue to support her, she works and was caring for herself long before I came along.  There are no children to consider.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

If we split, I would feel no obligation to continue to support her,

Well Ron cutting to the quick a little, you are not married and not living yet in the PI and under new Family law Regulations it is a Minefield of bandwagon jumping. I can honestly see a few more expats getting caught up in yet another Law that is just not going to sit well at all.

Where we all have a Little moan about how the PI Administration does things, they are attempting to Bring into line marriage maintenance and I feel as many will, I am sure, it may well be aimed mainly at the Foreigner :thumbsup:

Edited by Jack Peterson
removed something that should not have been on ths Topic
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, DavidK said:

Trouble is the mix is so strong it tends to stick in their hands not yours.

Aye! that and Diluted :hystery:

robert k
Posted
Posted

Jack, we don't know what went on. For instance if someone, lets say it was the man didn't show up in court the judge is going to grant whatever the petitioner asks because it was unopposed. I don't know if this was the case but with the irresponsible people I see and hear about on a daily basis it can happen.

Or I suppose the man could not be found to notify of the court action because he was moving around and never had a chance to say his part in court. If that were the case, the man needs to get in front of a judge soonest because that would be the only way to clear things up.

If you were there and got railroaded, another court is the only thing that can help.

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

Obligations and responsibilities :wow:

If we are talking about Foreigners, yes we should live up to our obligations not just in Philippines but in our own country's.

But how can that apply to Filipino's?

No I am not referring to the successful ones or those with a reasonable income, but those on low income or none at all!

It would seem that there is a rule for Filipino's and one for foreigners. I haven't heard of maintenance payment's or maybe I haven't stayed long enough  too. what I am aware of is that quite a lot of Filippino men walk away and that's it! They leave their families to get on with it and walk off with their G/F's. I was shocked to see a TV programme so time ago "Absent Father's" referring of course to Foreign nationals in service, leaving more than they came with!

If the other topic refer's to a rich Filipina, then maybe if their marriage didn't work, she should be the one to support her Ex;

But then again are we guessing here, or did I miss the ending.

Edited by Kuya John

DonJuanMatus
Posted
Posted (edited)

The Filipino's probably get to walk away because they have no money anyways. The women and their courts aren't going to go after someone with nothing, but a forienger? Lots of money to be had there.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed quote
  • Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

Mistakes can happen I've done it myself, but  please make sure  your statements are not in the box quoted :thumbsup:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I believe the woman has a right to half what was earned during the marriage, less upkeep as both of you were living on it. Your sole and separate property you brought to a marriage should not be counted for this unless you specifically agreed to communitized it in some way.

As for spousal support, it should be reasonable, negotiated and have a term limit because presumably she didn't lose her arms, legs, mind and ALL ability to care for herself.

• Like 1