Please Help. Blood needed

chris49
Posted
Posted

Another topic where the OP exits the discussion early.

It smells of scam. Even a ploy to get an unsuspecting foreigner to make the trip down? A woman involved? So kind of promo for a resort.

I'm leaving it here unless the OP comes back on the discussion. Blood transfusions would have been more urgent so I think the time has expired.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

I have just read this and rest read this which has confused me even more.

My partner has B  plus which appears to be compatible with what is required. 

We are prepared to help, how ever need further clarification on the matter. We have been let down so many times here trying to help. Now we are firmly in the....no good turn ever.....camp.

So perhaps the OP can PM me or somebody able to throw my light on the situation.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, RBM said:

My partner has B  plus which appears to be compatible with what is required. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm :89: Not according to the table JGF put up. Take care my Friend.

4 Blood.jpg ( courtesy of JGF)

Jack :smile:

morning All:morning1:

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

**You must wait at least eight weeks (56 days) between donations of whole bloodand 16 weeks (112 days) between double red cell donations. Platelet apheresisdonors may give every 7 days up to 24 times per year. Regulations are different for those giving blood for themselves (autologous donors).**

Taken from the redcross Journal

You have quoted the guidelines. Guidelines are great... unless it is YOU who needs blood. You can donate / take more as the situation warrants. In areas where blood is sold and donations are used as a way to make money, those who do it use different names and schedules to donate frequently at different blood banks and testing facilities.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Bruce said:

You have quoted the guidelines. Guidelines are great... unless it is YOU who needs blood. You can donate / take more as the situation warrants. In areas where blood is sold and donations are used as a way to make money, those who do it use different names and schedules to donate frequently at different blood banks and testing facilities.

What are the chances of the blood in these circumstances of not being as it should be?

Bruce
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

What are the chances of the blood in these circumstances of not being as it should be?

That is a changing answer. AIDS was the real catalyst in upgrading donor blood testing. It seems that every year, 'we' state that 'we' have the best testing and state of the art testing and 'we' catch all errors and nasties in the blood.

However, in the next 20 years, 'we' make references to how primitive blood testing was 'just 20 years ago'! So, ask me again in 20 years.. and I will tell you the same thing.

Lawyers... love then or hate them... but without them suing anyone and everyone.... there would be no civil rights, and no product upgrades. Without the lawsuit incentive, why improve things? It is the threat of implied lawsuits that drives the refinement of blood testing.

I am thinking that 'we' actually know maybe 30% of what we will know about blood 50 years from now.   

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I am thinking that 'we' actually know maybe 30% of what we will know about blood 50 years from now.   

So can we take it then, that receiving Blood can be a chancy thing in some cases?

• 3 weeks later...
Rose Marie
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good morning, I just cameback home from a trip to my home province .I Thank you Tom that you was able to forward my message to Mike .He forwarded my message to John. And then John was able to visit my friend in the hospital in IloIlo and got involved to 2 persons who donated blood for my friend . My friend John Laurel is feeling better and finally back to his country Ireland for proper medication. Thank you very much . 

Regards

Rose

Edited by Rose Marie

Rose Marie
Posted
Posted
On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:46 AM, Jack Peterson said:

OK! so I have a suspicious mind and nature that at times gets me into trouble but I will admit I sense something not quite right here. Why the Words Spender when it would appear all found on this.

Sorry G&G's and certainly to our new member if i am not smelling right here but :89:  lets be careful EH?

** Tom I have come across this before if I am out of Order then I apologize. **

I am very sad about your negative comment and full of hesitation about my post. I respect that everyone has own opinion. I dont really mind about your discouraging responds as long as i was able to help a foreign man who live alone in my country and has no family . It made me more positve to help more people who will ask for my help in the future. There is still a man who believed in me who have a good heart. And for you to know even this person is not Blood type donor, he was able to flew to Ilo Ilo right away and visited my friend John Laurel . And he saw how urgently he needed the blood and He found 2 persons and donated for him. And now John is Finally back to his Country Ireland for proper medication.

Rose Marie
Posted
Posted
On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 10:05 AM, Rose Marie said:

Please Help :My European friend is in emergency room in Iloilo and he needs blood. Type "O" negative. So when he dont find a spender within shortest time he will die. The spender should be healthy, no drugs no HIV no alk non smoker .Please message me . he will pay , specially with the flight and 2 days hotel and fetch him from the airport. and can extend and can extend stay in beachfront apartment in cebu for 2 weeks or so after all done in IloIlo. Please please....

Good morning, I just cameback home from a trip to my home province .I Thank you Tom that you was able to forward my message to Mike .He forwarded my message to John. And then John was able to visit my friend in the hospital in IloIlo and got involved to 2 persons who donated blood for my friend . My friend John Laurel is feeling better and finally back to his country Ireland for proper medication. Thank you very much . 

Regards

Rose