Your Favorite Airline - Manila to Los Angeles

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Several have mentioned liking Incheon Airport.  Has anyone stayed in the transit hotel there?  Do you have a link?

I found what appears to be the airport website and all I see is a link for "hotels".  When I click it it takes me to booking.com and there it has what appears to be the transit hotel (along with others).  I put in dates for May 17 and Feb 17, just to test.  It tells me "fully booked", which I find hard to believe for 5 to 8 months from now.

I'm hoping someone has a website or phone number for the transit hotel???

Incheon Airport Transit Hotel  

Website

Directions

Address: 2851 Unseo-dong, Jung-gu, 인천광역시 South Korea

Phone:+82 32-743-3000

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Incheon Airport Transit Hotel  

Website

Directions

Address: 2851 Unseo-dong, Jung-gu, 인천광역시 South Korea

Phone:+82 32-743-3000

Thanks Queenie!  Was there a website?

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
27 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks Queenie!  Was there a website?

https://www.airgardenhotel.com/korean/index.php

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
40 minutes ago, Queenie O. said:

Thanks again for finding it for me!  They must not registered with Google very well.

A double room for 6 hours is about $60.  Well worth it when you have 3 tired kids, a tired wife and a cranky old man!

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Thanks again for finding it for me!  They must not registered with Google very well.

A double room for 6 hours is about $60.  Well worth it when you have 3 tired kids, a tired wife and a cranky old man!

Glad to help!  Sounds like a good deal for you guys. Also if you've never been to Incheon Airport--it's awesome and so easy to navigate.

• Like 4

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I love Korean Air.  Great service, good in flight entertainment, and good food.  For the flight to the US it won't be important, but coming back they do have free showers at Incheon.  After 14.5 hours from DFW a shower is a good thing :tiphat:

• Like 4

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Several have mentioned liking Incheon Airport.  Has anyone stayed in the transit hotel there?  Do you have a link?

I found what appears to be the airport website and all I see is a link for "hotels".  When I click it it takes me to booking.com and there it has what appears to be the transit hotel (along with others).  I put in dates for May 17 and Feb 17, just to test.  It tells me "fully booked", which I find hard to believe for 5 to 8 months from now.

I'm hoping someone has a website or phone number for the transit hotel???

The transit hotel (Tourist Hotel June) is one of the major reasons I like Asiana. The 12 hour layover is great I can sleep eight or more hours then have a walk and then eat lunch then eight hours home. Seem to have less jet lag doing this. We have stayed at the hotel through Asiana several times now. Hotel June is very nice clean dark quiet. It's a short walk to a number of restaurants too.

Did you know Asiana provides a fee tour if you want that instead of hotel? Korean government or the airport also provide a number of free tours for layovers. Google to find them.

Korea Air is no longer providing a hotel but they used to do so until recently.

Asiana may still do (I was in one last March) so but you must go through your ticket agent to get a free hotel. I will know within the next day or two if they are as I am buying Asiana tickets this week and will post here what my agent finds out. 

The toilet comes with a remote control. :89:

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

The transit hotel (Tourist Hotel June) is one of the major reasons I like Asiana. The 12 hour layover is great I can sleep eight or more hours then have a walk and then eat lunch then eight hours home. Seem to have less jet lag doing this. We have stayed at the hotel through Asiana several times now. Hotel June is very nice clean dark quiet. It's a short walk to a number of restaurants too.

Did you know Asiana provides a fee tour if you want that instead of hotel? Korean government or the airport also provide a number of free tours for layovers. Google to find them.

Korea Air is no longer providing a hotel but they used to do so until recently.

Asiana may still do (I was in one last March) so but you must go through your ticket agent to get a free hotel. I will know within the next day or two if they are as I am buying Asiana tickets this week and will post here what my agent finds out. 

The toilet comes with a remote control. :89:

That hotel is outside the airport and/or outside the bonded transfer area?  My wife and older daughter can't leave the transfer area without getting a visa.  I'm not sure if we want to take that on.  Or, maybe it is simple to apply for a "transfer" visa.

In Singapore they could leave the airport without a visa so we booked a nice place just off the airport.  That worked out really well, especially since the transfer hotel in the airport was booked.

I would not mind at all to stay a day in Seoul and do a tour.  I have only been to the old airport and have never seen anything else in Korea.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Yes, Hotel June is outside the airport a 10 minute shuttle ride away. You must go through immigration and customs. 

I got price quote today.

Asiana is no longer providing a free hotel. SEA to CEB is $740.00 no hotel.

EVA is $660.00.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

Yes, Hotel June is outside the airport a 10 minute shuttle ride away. You must go through immigration and customs. 

I got price quote today.

Asiana is no longer providing a free hotel. SEA to CEB is $740.00 no hotel.

EVA is $660.00.

That must be EVA regular economy, right?  Very cheap!  I think I remember you saying you have a travel agent?  Can they do bookings originating outside the U.S.?