When the trust is broken

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

I had a tradesman I could trust in Dalaguete so maybe I can find one here.

Kev, most are great until you show Kindness, then many see this as a weakness, you know my story on Choy 

• Like 5

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

Kev, most are great until you show Kindness, then many see this as a weakness, you know my story on Choy 

Yes I know Jack maybe one day I will learn.If pigs fly maybe they will learn.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Second chance? ?All of us have screwed up at one time or another. Have a kind talk with him so he knows if it happens again ⚰️☢️

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Although only a sometimes visitor at the moment to Philippines, I have had the same thing happen to me a couple of time with drivers etc.  

Sad but true, just have to follow the tough line.

• Like 3

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Many workers that we hire don't do the work as one would like. Incompetence and careless work even with good pay is a problem here too sometimes. That's one reason I often see my husband out painting something or learning to build a bench for the first time.

If he has done well in the past, maybe you should talk to him. There could have been some confusion at the lumber place about wood availability and he just screwed up this time. Of course if his services are not worth it  to justify talking to him about it,  just don't bother and move on, and choose not to use him again.

The old saying "Good help is hard to find" rings true in some cases everywhere.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

Many workers that we hire don't do the work as one would like. Incompetence and careless work even with good pay is a problem here too sometimes. That's one reason I often see my husband out painting something or learning to build a bench for the first time.

If he has done well in the past, maybe you should talk to him. There could have been some confusion at the lumber place about wood availability and he just screwed up this time. Of course if his services are not worth it  to justify talking to him about it,  just don't bother and move on, and choose not to use him again.

The old saying "Good help is hard to find" rings true in some cases everywhere.

2x2 coco lumber and 1/2 inch ply is available at all times they ripped me off plain and simple. I have heard and witnessed many instances of the workers doing it their way and it frustrates me after being in construction for nearly 40 years. We had blocked drains the other week and it took them 3 days to sort out. My wife asked me how long it would take in the Uk and I said about 2 hours. I know we have better tools than but why don`t they invest in some. Maybe they just like to take their time to get more pay.In fact they made the blockage worse on the first day and 5pm off they trot no care that we have smell all over the house and a big hole in the floor of the front yard.

Queenie if I thought it would do any good I would talk to him.At least he showed his true colours on a small table and now when/if I build a house he will be nowhere near it.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Its sad Kev how ever must agree with Jack.  We have pretty much confirmed the ...no good turn...scenario but...occasionally one has a nice surprise.

For some years we have been supporting an old ex pea nut vendor, long complicated story how ever was of no surprise when she recently passed over. During this time were in Davao. Upon return  were fully expecting to handle  burial expenses.....The sister told us no....you have already done enough. These rare but heart stoppers reconfirm to us faith in some of the people. Although having said this we basically now limit help to directly schooling kids whom otherwise would have no schooling.

• Like 5