Local and Foreign investors exicited in the Duterte’s Mindanao railway project

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Happyhorn52 said:

Seems to me that if constructed it would be a prime target for terrorists.

• Like 2

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

I like the thought of a high speed rail line but I have my doubts about putting it anywhere near Mindanoa

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Guys

Please in the future copy and paste the whole story with a link to the source at the bottom. Two reasons is that often slow internet connections may not be able to open or load the site it came from and after some time the original source may disappear leaving the thread useless.

Third reason added is that its best to read it here to make it easier to quote from if needed.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

Rebuild the Bicol express first. Why? Because the right of way is already established. A new project elsewhere will be 10-15 years in the starting if properly planned and funded so they don't just start, never finish and the majority of the funding disappear into someone's pocket.

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

The rail system will be a game changer for the Philippines. I see folks mentioning Terrorist, please don't give these folks the time of day. If you base life on those who would frighten you, you will never leave your beds.

We, and the Philippines will fight who ever wants to fight as they come to us. 

The rail will bring commerce and family into coincidence with each other, making the Philippines that much healthier, economically and socially.

It's not the fight the dog is in, it's the Dog in the fight! Graaaalw! 

• Like 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

New or rebuilding existing railway lines should link high density population areas. Otherwise, it's a politically motivated project and a future white elephant. The new president is from Mindanao so economics is not a major factor in the decision.

• Like 5

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

While any progress should always be welcomed, I foresee problems occurring with any plans to give the people of Mindanao better transport link's.

There are places that I was advised to avoid and the reality is, that even Filipinos living in Mindanao will not visit certain area's. Until an agreement can be reached to bring peace to Mindanao, I would of thought that investors would be limited.

Unless of course we are talking of privileged area's like Davao to Cagayan d Oro.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

Happyhorn52
Posted
Posted

My first thoughts were that it was politically motivated. Elect me President and I will bring benefits back to my base. A White Elephant, to expensive for the locals to afford to ride and not connected to population centers It's not uncommon for the infrastructure around the capital to be much nicer the closer your are to the capital or in the Presidents home district.  

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JJReyes said:

New or rebuilding existing railway lines should link high density population areas. Otherwise, it's a politically motivated project and a future white elephant. The new president is from Mindanao so economics is not a major factor in the decision.

I do agree with you. The rail link to Clark from NAIA via Bulacan and the shifting of more flights to Clark should be completed earlier. And the long awaited link from North Ave to Fairview should be at least started under Duterte's watch.

However. All these projects are contracted internationally. So far Korea and Japan have been the major partners. Maybe China under the current regime.

In that case I don't see why the Mindanao project should not go ahead if it's with Chinese backing. As long as one of the other 2 gets started.

I am actually skeptical about the Mindanao project. But if Big D gets it going why not?