Pinay Cravings

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not sure if I'm putting this in the correct place - JGF or mod's feel free to move this topic if needed, thanks.

Met with JGF the other night for a few cold ones, quite a few in his case, lol. It was a great time and was very nice to meet the big guy (and yes that's a double entendre). 

My pregnant SO had joined us (turned out she knew JGF's friend - small world and further evidence of how the bamboo telegraph works, but that's a different matter) and during our conversation JGF asked me if she's had any cravings for things that might be different from what western woman might crave - we all know the old "pickle's and ice cream" one, lol. And what hoops we guys had jump through to satisfy those cravings (nothing, I repeat nothing worse then an upset pregnant asawa!)

Although most of us here on the forum are guys, we mostly also have gf's, spouses, SO's or what ever label you might choose and many of us have kids. So I thought (well really it was JFG's idea) it might be a good subject to post and ask other's for their opinions, funny anecdotes, or crazy things they had to do to keep their preggy wives happy as well as any things the ladies might have craved for while the bun was in the oven.

In my case it's been pretty easy - at least so far - that's due in part (a large part really) to the fact that I've been working in the USA and I haven't been here to deal with her on a daily basis (though I have gotten some odd FB msg's at some odd hours). My SO has always loved to eat fruit, but now she's almost ravenous for it; especially grapes and apples. Although she's a generous and good hearted woman, you don't want to come between her and her grapes. I reached over to grab a few last night and damn near got my hand taken off! Sharing? That's out the window for now. Ovaltine is something else - she never liked it before, but had some at friends house the other day; hence my being up at 3:30 am this morning - off to the 7/11 to get some of it for her. It's times like this I do miss the 24 hour convenience of a Wal-Mart - I mean where in the heck do you find grapes, "Coco Bite's"cookies and Ovaltine at 4am in the Philippines?

Edited by Gator
  • Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Tacos, no hot sauce please. Lucky we have a 24 hour taco place nearby. Oh yea Mexican Coke too.

Edited by Old55

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gator said:

Met with JGF the other night for a few cold ones, quite a few in his case, lol.

Oi, I only had one, one that I can remember. :shooter:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

All I saw was cravings of a Filipina -- good thing I read through the topic.  Otherwise, I would be in deep kimchi with the Boss Man.

On her second delivery, Judy had severe craving for green mangos.  And she would dip those mango slices into shrimp bagoong.  Actually, it was pretty good if you chase it with lots and lots of beer.....he, he.  

Bagoon farts are the worst ever........

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jake said:

All I saw was cravings of a Filipina -- good thing I read through the topic.  Otherwise, I would be in deep kimchi with the Boss Man.

On her second delivery, Judy had severe craving for green mangos.  And she would dip those mango slices into shrimp bagoong.  Actually, it was pretty good if you chase it with lots and lots of beer.....he, he.  

Bagoon farts are worst ever........

I was told green mangos are a cause not a craving. Re insists this is true as friends pick green mangos from our tree and within a week or two announce they're with child.  I am not sure it is just our tree all.  I purpose a test if you would send me a few young Filipinas I will let them stay overnight and eat green mangos. Sunday Monday,and Tuesday Fe works these nights and will not be able to influence the the results, or beat me either.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Just walk around asking for green mango's at the sari sari stores in your barangay. The bamboo telegraph will quickly be passing along the happy news that your wife or SO is expecting.

• Like 4