water in gas

wayne scott
Posted
Posted

I am having a problem with water always in my gas tank on my motorcycle. Was wonder if anyone knows of a product sold here to absorb the water?

wayne scott
Posted
Posted (edited)

sorry moderator i know i made another mistake  putting topic in wrong area. Sometimes I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed!!!

Edited by wayne scott
  • Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Its OK, I moved it to Driving in the Philippines but looked like someone moved it again. Moving back to Driving in the Phils

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, wayne scott said:

I am having a problem with water always in my gas tank on my motorcycle. Was wonder if anyone knows of a product sold here to absorb the water?

Do they put ethanol in the fuel here? That might be your problem. Ethanol should be drunk not burned as it is a garbage fuel. And it is very humid here in the PH, so it draws the moisture out of the air. Same thing in Florida. I remember when they switched over to it in the US. A bunch of people had their 2cycle outboard motors keel over once the ethanol did its evil work on the insides of their boat fuel tanks. I found the one place in town selling "recreational fuel" which is straight gasoline with no trash made from fermented Iowa corn. In the US I use a product called StarTron for boats and such.

Edited by Reboot

Reboot
Posted
Posted (edited)

There's a discussion on the subject here:

Apparently Yamaha has 2 products: Fuel Med RX, and Engine Med RX, sold at Yamaha dealers nationwide:

http://www.manilatimes.net/ethanol-blended-fuel-and-your-engine/47608/

I can't vouch for any of this but I hope at least it points you in a good direction.

What I would probably try to do: If the bike is going to sit for an extended period of time without use...drain the tank. Back home I leave fuel in none of my equipment and toys. 

Edited by Reboot

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, wayne scott said:

Are you talking about water inside the fuel tank or visible around the opening when you open the fuel door? I ask because I have a Rouser 180 and if it rains etc, when I open the fuel door there is water caught in the lip around the opening. After a rain I now tip the bike to drain the water before I get on the bike. 

wayne scott
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Are you talking about water inside the fuel tank or visible around the opening when you open the fuel door? I ask because I have a Rouser 180 and if it rains etc, when I open the fuel door there is water caught in the lip around the opening. After a rain I now tip the bike to drain the water before I get on the bike. 

inside the tank and plenty of it

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, wayne scott said:

inside the tank and plenty of it

:89: Could the Tank Filler cap seal be Broken?

• Like 1