Recommend a car

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, robert k said:

There is also the matter of potentially a bug out vehicle. If a Yolanda class storm is coming I would monitor it and if it looked like I was in the path about 24 hours before it hit, I might visit somewhere else.

My bug-out vehicle is a PAL or Cebu Pacific A320 :thumbsup:

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

My bug-out vehicle is a PAL or Cebu Pacific A320 :thumbsup:

Don't wait until 24 hours before the storm arrives. It took me 4 days to get a flight out of Dumaguete once. You would need to bug out as soon as the storm formed.

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 10/26/2016 at 11:16 AM, Reboot said:

Those Ford Rangers look nice! I wish we had them available in the US. Would be a nice step down from a full size F-150.

Ford is testing them now in the USA for EPA compliance as well as for the various safety compliance certifications that are required. They could hit the market as soon as mid 2017. 

VW is also now making a small crew cab pickup truck (on the Jetta / Beetle platform). It too is undergoing testing now in the USA and will likely be unveiled at the upcoming Chicago or Detroit auto show. 

But as far as looks go, the Ranger beats the VW hands down. No idea on pricing for either vehicle. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

Just a side issue on this subject everyone.  Found a few websites private sellers of cars in Philippines.  I ask is this safe if you do you homework thoroughly? Is there means of checking the history of the car in particular whether there are finance issues etc.?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I ask is this safe if you do you homework thoroughly? Is there means of checking the history of the car in particular whether there are finance issues etc.?

All of the above Mogo,,imho. Here I have found it to be just the opposite of in the States where you never buy a used car from friends or family. Because of the language barrier at times it is really hard to get detailed info and if info is wrong go back to the seller for recompense. (unless your wife or girlfriend is a certified mechanic :hystery:)

I bought my brother in laws car and have not had any problems. For me, I would either buy new with all the warranties or from someone I trusted completely. Anyway, that's what I did, and it worked for me.:thumbsup:

• Like 4

davewe
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

Ford is testing them now in the USA for EPA compliance as well as for the various safety compliance certifications that are required. They could hit the market as soon as mid 2017. 

VW is also now making a small crew cab pickup truck (on the Jetta / Beetle platform). It too is undergoing testing now in the USA and will likely be unveiled at the upcoming Chicago or Detroit auto show. 

But as far as looks go, the Ranger beats the VW hands down. No idea on pricing for either vehicle. 

I've never owned a pickup in my life but I do like that Ranger! And all my wife's family can pile into the back:whistling:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted

I intend to get one of these with front and rear air. The box on the back is 5 feet by 10 feet on the inside.

K2700_Panoramic_Van_Side_view.jpg

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, robert k said:

I intend to get one of these with front and rear air. The box on the back is 5 feet by 10 feet on the inside.

K2700_Panoramic_Van_Side_view.jpg

Put some police lights on top to help get around.  :smile:

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Put some police lights on top to help get around.  :smile:

You may be jesting but I have seen such on peoples SUV on the highway between Sibulan and Dumaguete. I pulled over the first time I saw them behind me but nobody else did  and I never did again.:smile:

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Gator said:

They were in the US from 1983 until discontinued in 2012. Do you know why the 5 year gap?