How much to start a cafe in Cebu?

instates69
Posted
Posted

I know that this is a very general question but anyone have any idea how much it would cost to start a small/med cafe in Cebu?  Not in mall but near college campus, foot traffic...  I was told by someone from Cebu it about 25KUSD.  That seems rather low. I will be in Cebu next week.

Thanks for any info you guys can provide.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

25 k US is is plenty. The problem is finding a location as there are not many about, I know as been looking for weeks. There are some interesting business for sale in the cafe field or one in particular that looks like its worth viewing.

If your interested in other types of business I am seeking a partner, send me a PM.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, instates69 said:

how much it would cost to start a small/med cafe in Cebu?

Only as much as your willing to loose :hystery:

Kidding, welcome to the forum instate....a couple of things...since your new to the forum.

Are you at all familiar with the Philippines? You do realize that you can not have a business in your name soley, so are you married to a Filipina? Have Filipino friends you can trust COMPLETLY? Friends that you will let control 60% of your interests?

There are exceptions to every rule naturally, but your information is a bit sparse so my answer has to be also. You can set up a cart with coffee for under 100 USD or go the whole hog. This is a very friendly forum, the more information you give the more comprehensive answers.

• Like 1

chris49
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, scott h said:

Kidding, welcome to the forum instate....a couple of things...since your new to the forum.

Are you at all familiar with the Philippines? You do realize that you can not have a business in your name soley, so are you married to a Filipina? Have Filipino friends you can trust COMPLETLY? Friends that you will let control 60% of your interests?

There are exceptions to every rule naturally, but your information is a bit sparse so my answer has to be also. You can set up a cart with coffee for under 100 USD or go the whole hog. This is a very friendly forum, the more information you give the more comprehensive answers.

The poster did not ask if it's a good idea or not.

I go along with JGF's rough estimate of $25000 USD. About 1.2 M pesos or near enough.

On finding a business premises you might get hung up on a 2 year or 5 year lease which would definitely increase the $25k. Could work in your favor or against you depending on how it pans out.

instates69
Posted
Posted

I guess I heard wrong. I thought US citizens could have business (not real estate) under the 100% under his name.

5 hours ago, scott h said:

instates69
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the info

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, instates69 said:

I guess I heard wrong. I thought US citizens could have business (not real estate) under the 100% under his name.

No but there are ways to do things. Corporation is one of. The question is do you have a Filipina spouse.  

instates69
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

No but there are ways to do things. Corporation is one of. The question is do you have a Filipina spouse.  

No Filipina spouse.  

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, instates69 said:

No Filipina spouse.  

So my Friend you are in the "Sod's" or "Murphy  " Law section of Life:shades:

Sorry mate But Life here can be a Nightmare!

OK! OK! I know.

close the door.jpg Mutter Nutter Mutter  I was just saying :mellow:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

So my Friend you are in the "Sod's" or "Murphy  " Law section of Life:shades:

Sorry mate But Life here can be a Nightmare!

Not really. He can partner with a corporation by buying shares in the corporation but it sounds like he may just of thought he was going to set himself up a business and start a new life with bad information. 

• Like 2