Filipinas and Sandals

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Methersgate said:

What is it about Filipinas in cooler climates and BOOTS!

(9 pairs in one year... and counting...)

Well, she can't wear slippers so boots it is.

• Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I've yet to see one walk a tight rope high above hungry crocodiles wearing flip flops.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 11/25/2016 at 10:43 AM, Gratefuled said:

I've yet to see one walk a tight rope high above hungry crocodiles wearing flip flops.

You string it and they will.  Here is a "close enough for me" pic I stole off the 'Net

Close.jpg

• Like 4

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

With the lack of health and safety over here it amazes me that there are not more accidents.I see men wearing slippers in a construction site and it makes me cringe.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

With the lack of health and safety over here it amazes me that there are not more accidents.I see men wearing slippers in a construction site and it makes me cringe.

They are working on the other half of our duplex, all wearing slippers.  I don't know how they avoid more frequent injuries.  I walked over there just to discuss something with them, wearing my slippers, and caught me little toe on a piece of jagged concrete.  Had to walk back dripping blood.

They had a welder over yesterday installing railings.  He wears a couple of towels over his face and head, with a slit for his eyes.  No eye protection at all.  I thought that you would go blind quickly like that???

• Like 4

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 11/24/2016 at 5:14 PM, Methersgate said:

What is it about Filipinas in cooler climates and BOOTS!

(9 pairs in one year... and counting...)

It's been almost two years for me... and I have stopped counting.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

I have been told i wear slippers at work in the office because i never do anything or come out f that place :thumbsup:

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

They are working on the other half of our duplex, all wearing slippers.  I don't know how they avoid more frequent injuries.  I walked over there just to discuss something with them, wearing my slippers, and caught me little toe on a piece of jagged concrete.  Had to walk back dripping blood.

They had a welder over yesterday installing railings.  He wears a couple of towels over his face and head, with a slit for his eyes.  No eye protection at all.  I thought that you would go blind quickly like that???

I wear canvas deck shoes, they breathe and are almost as cool as slippers and I just toss them in the washing machine if dirty. The deck shoes provide decent protection and I wear them at the beach because stepping on sea urchins, glass or sharp rocks is no fun. I can run in deck shoes if I have to crossing a busy street.

That welder without the protection is going to have problems. I have known guys who raise their hood to start the arc then bob their head sharply to look through the lens to continue the weld and they burned their eyes. Your welder is probably closing his eyes after he strikes the arc. The towels are probably to keep from getting sunburned by the arc and to keep little globules of metal (berries) from hitting him in the face if overhead welding. I remember seeing a picture of a Russian woman from WW2 welding with no protection, she had cataracts and probably couldn't see anything less bright than an arc.

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
Steve GCC
Posted
Posted

Slippers or Flip flops.................. ;)

Slippers warm and fluffy worn inside the house in UK as cold floors and keep your feet warm

Flip flops, rubber shoes go between your toe.

Sandals, open shoes with belting usually around feet, the kind your Father wears with socks and makes you cringe when out!!

Just kidding SO says slippers i say flip flops, but we both know what we mean

• Like 1