Hiding to Avoid US Child Support

BurnedMama
Posted
Posted

Can anyone here tell me what I can do from the USA to get someone in the Philippines to help me collect US child support in the Philippines? My ex went there in 2008 on a US Passport and by now has residency there . I believe him to live in Cebu where he married a girl about 30 years younger than him about 3 years ago. He if an un convicted felon according to US dead beat dad laws as he is 300,000. US dollars in arrears. Also anyone know how to locate someone hiding there or a GOOD PI that can and serve him a subpoena ? One last thing, do they have credit reporting agencies there that I could have a judgment reported to? I do not know how anything works in the Philippines.  I am assuming nothing on his US credit would have any effect on him there.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You are welcome to ask the questions but my opinion is that this is a personal thing between you and your ex and none of our business.  Bad  mouthing him on here is unlikely to make you any friends. 

• Like 4

BurnedMama
Posted
Posted

I mean you no offence.  What did I say that was bad mouthing anyone?  I was asking for guidance from you on this forum that may know what I can do.  I did not call him any names or anything of the sort.  I just want to know if anyone can give me guidance about these issues?  If you want me to re write something that you found offence please tell me what it was.  

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, BurnedMama said:

Also anyone know how to locate someone hiding there or a GOOD PI that can and serve him a subpoena ?

I doubt any subpoena would do anything as the person would just ignore it.

42 minutes ago, BurnedMama said:

One last thing, do they have credit reporting agencies there that I could have a judgment reported to?

Not that I know of and again if there is it wont make any difference In my opinion.

43 minutes ago, BurnedMama said:

I am assuming nothing on his US credit would have any effect on him there.

No

43 minutes ago, BurnedMama said:

He if an un convicted felon

if there are no convictions I would think nothing will change for him while he remains here. 

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

Is he on Social Security? If so that would be the place to start.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted

I doubt serving a subpoena will do much good in the PH. However, if he flies back to the US for any reason, it's possible he won't be able to leave....I believe they block your passport over unpaid child support. But $300k? Heaven help us, what was that child being fed...caviar 3x a day?

• Like 4

BurnedMama
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Reboot said:

I doubt serving a subpoena will do much good in the PH. However, if he flies back to the US for any reason, it's possible he won't be able to leave....I believe they block your passport over unpaid child support. But $300k? Heaven help us, what was that child being fed...caviar 3x a day?

Actually they (kids not kid) have been eating quite simply.  Obviously their father hasn't been paying the child support..  This is what happens when a man making 20K per month leaves the country and doesn't do the right thing..  10 years of unpaid child support accumulated with the interest added.  He has had the right to seek a modification from the court each and every day, and has not exercised his right.  I am not a greedy person.  This is just the result of his negligence toward his kids. I have no doubt he would ignore the subpoena..  but if he did the court would rule in my favor by default in the suit. 

davewe
Posted
Posted

As others have said, I don't think you can impact his credit nor serve him a subpoena. But his ability to renew his passport is definitely impacted. Now does that helps you? Probably not but it is the consequence of his being so far in arrears.

As to your statement that  "I believe him to live in Cebu where he married a girl about 30 years younger than him about 3 years ago." Sorry, but that doesn't exactly narrow it down very much :smile:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, BurnedMama said:

This is just the result of his negligence toward his kids. I have no doubt he would ignore the subpoena..  but if he did the court would rule in my favor by default in the suit. 

Why would they just not rule in your favor anyway? its been 10 years and nothing paid. Father not contactable and no known address in the USA and passport must show he left the country in 2008 as you say.

Where does the 300k come from if they rule in your favor? Is there assets they seize or do the government pay ??? 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

His passport will not be renewed. If he got a passport in 2008 he has two years left until it must be renewed.

Just so you know some of the Expat members here are married to younger Filipinos. Agree or not we don't judge that here.

My opinion... you're ex should support his children but I don't think there is any action you can take while he resides in Philippines 

• Like 1